Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College point blvd and n. service road, Queens.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a presentable young guy hit me up with the story that he's an Adelphi student looking to get back to the city to his brothers apartment, could I loan him $5, his bank card was blocked after a hack and he cant get home. I have 3 kids in college so I give him my $14 train ticket to Penn Station and go buy another.

I go inside the ticket office, the train to Penn arrives, Mr. Well Dressed, fresh scrubbed university man is farther down the track. I 'walk down to him by the overpass, the train pulls away, and he's still on the platform, only now giving the sob story to some other sucker. I start following him around telling everybody what happened. I want my ticket back, he walks away muttering about kicking my ass. Alright then, I call the MTA police and Mr. Well Dressed gets a ride.
    Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by Parashooter View Post

Wow... it's been 2 years maybe since I've seen him.... thought he'd have OD'd by now.
      I saw him a couple weeks ago under the sidewalk shed on Broadway between 37th and 38th. He and the kid that claims to be a Vet with the dog hang out together ( he is not a Vet one of our Engineers called him out)

Comment

Originally posted by Safety42 View Post

I saw him a couple weeks ago under the sidewalk shed on Broadway between 37th and 38th. He and the kid that claims to be a Vet with the dog hang out together ( he is not a Vet one of our Engineers called him out)
        Huh... I wonder if they share the dog.... poor dog...

I've seen so much panhandling the last few years, and by those with phones and high-dollar sneakers (and high-dollar hair coloring) that I've been thinking it's just a new career path.... (There was a Simpson's episode to that effect too)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Float plane pilot in Alaska told me he was a former F/A-18 pilot in the navy. Over ~6 hours in a 6-seat, 1953 Beaver, I asked a bunch of questions. When pressed, he said he flew off "every" aircraft carrier and was stationed at El Toro (a Marine air base in Cali) for a while. I quietly called, "Bullshit" to myself. Later that day we were told he was a Space Shuttle pilot by a co-worker of his......we just laughed it off - until we googled him! Top Gun...test pilot...shuttle pilot.....the Real Deal.

I now give "vets" a wide berth before calling them out! (luckily I didn't call this guy out on it - he was such a cool, laid-back guy, too)
          wow you survived 6 hours in a beaver ,,and lived to tell about it ,, you get tough guy award

Comment

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post

wow you survived 6 hours in a beaver ,,and lived to tell about it ,, you get tough guy award
            Yeah, 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours back later that night. That Beaver was insatiable.
            No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

He was no where to be found Thursday night. Looked at the intersection and looked around and in the van.

Comment

He is still there, with more signs and baskets that he leaves for people to throw money into. He has the same Plastic cast on his left leg. I expect it to be on the right leg one day, just like captain ron.

But he now stands IN THE ROAD WAY, with his walker, forcing people to go into the center lane to get around him. Vet or no Vet, he is a POS.

Comment

Give him some jerky. I hear they like that.
                  “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I see him once or twice a week. I have no idea if he is real or not. He leaves spackle buckets out with “Vet” on them after hours or if it is raining.
                    Give peace a chance, I'll cover you in case that doesn't work out.

LIBERALISM should be classified as a MENTAL DISORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by crashguy View Post
                      Ya know .... and this is just me..... I don't recall ever seeing a female veteran panhandler.....
                      Because they hook

Comment

Working...
                      X