Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C6NY
    replied
    I had just gotten to my ship and we soon were underway. Being a junior guy I was called for a working party for a helo unrep. We were on the tiny flight deck of my Frigate rocking and rolling in moderate seas. Out in the distance a small dot became a giant, noisy lumbering CH-46 overhead with a ton of provisions dangling underneath right above our heads. As if it wasn't scary enough I look up and in the small window they have down low so they can what's going on beneath the aircraft I see a pretty blonde woman on the yoke. Her face is still imprinted in my brain. I gotta say I got a little more then spooked seeing her controlling the ungainly thing over our heads but she made several trips to us That day and she did a hell of a job.
    That said, I think I would like the USN to go back to earlier days, no women on warships. I don't think it's counterproductive and a bad environment for coed.

Leave a comment:

• Huntington Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by C6NY View Post
    Good for your daughter, I'm sure your proud of her patriotism. I can't offer much as I was in the fleet before women were allowed on warships. I look forward to hearing how your story develops.
    I spent some time at sea recently on a warship. I'm an old Navy guy too and I was caught off guard by the ratio of women to men aboard ship. Even the helo crew that flew me out was 50% women. Things have changed...alot.
    I was out about a year ago (different ship) and the numbers were much different just a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• SimpleMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
    Why not consider the Naval Academy?
    I responded, hopefully I did it correctly.

Leave a comment:

• C6NY
    replied
    Good for your daughter, I'm sure your proud of her patriotism. I can't offer much as I was in the fleet before women were allowed on warships. I look forward to hearing how your story develops.

Leave a comment:

• SimpleMan
    replied
    Originally posted by HowardRoark View Post
    What does she think of possibly serving under Hillary as Commander-In-Chief?
    She doesn't, and won't.

Leave a comment:

• Augustus
    replied
    What does she think of possibly serving under Hillary as Commander-In-Chief?

Leave a comment:

• Mad Russian
    commented on 's reply
    Become a lesbian?

• Mad Russian
    commented on 's reply
    From my kid's experience some of those girls are as tough as nails...

• SimpleMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigrob View Post

What at do think some girls will do in a school where one in a school that is 95% male?
    Not my daughter, but I know what I would do if the ratio was reversed.

Leave a comment:

• bigbore44
    replied
    Target rich enviroment??

Leave a comment:

• Bigrob
    replied
    Originally posted by SimpleMan View Post

Please don’t post anything which may reflect poorly upon SUNY Maritime, but what did you mean when you said most girls go a bit crazy there?

Please send me a personal message if necessary.

What at do think some girls will do in a school where one in a school that is 95% male?

Leave a comment:

• SimpleMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
    That would make me extremely proud, and she has the grades, athletics, etc. to do it.

I think it has to do with commitment issues which may be resolve. or increase, as time goes by.

Someone I mentored is there now studying engineering.

Leave a comment:

• Huntington Guy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Huntington Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post
    She may want to look into this. One of the woman I work with's 13 or 14 year old daughter has been in this program for the last 2 years and loves it.
    http://www.seacadets.org/
    I have a nephew in Sea Cadets. He and the other kids love it. Great program

Leave a comment:

• SimpleMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigrob View Post

Any questions ask ahead I am an alumnus..Never heard of a sexual harassment incident at maritime either.
    Please don’t post anything which may reflect poorly upon SUNY Maritime, but what did you mean when you said most girls go a bit crazy there?

Please send me a personal message if necessary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X