Huge News, Thank You Mr. President

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge News, Thank You Mr. President

This is such an incredible development. These men being returned to their country and to their families is one of the most important, if only symbolic to some, political achievement since the end of hostilities in Korea.
    To every family member and for every man and woman who has ever worn our uniform....No Man Left Behind.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/23/us-mov...t-war-remains/
    SEOUL, South Korea — The U.S. military said it moved 100 wooden coffins to the inter-Korean border on Saturday to prepare for North Korea’s returning of the remains of American soldiers who have been missing since the 1950-53 Korean War.

U.S. Forces Korea spokesman Col. Chad Carroll also said 158 metal transfer cases were sent to a U.S. air base near Seoul, South Korea’s capital, and would be used to send the remains home.

North Korea agreed to return U.S. war remains during the June 12 summit between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump.

While the U.S. military preparations suggest that the repatriation of war remains could be imminent, it remains unclear when and how it would occur.

Earlier Saturday, Carroll denied a report by South Korea’s Yonhap news agency that U.S. military vehicles carrying more than 200 caskets were planning to cross into North Korea on Saturday. He said plans for the repatriation were “still preliminary.”

U.S. Forces Korea said in a statement later in the day that 100 wooden “temporary transit cases” built in Seoul were sent to the Joint Security Area at the border as part of preparations to “receive and transport remains in a dignified manner when we get the call to do so.”

From 1996 to 2005, joint U.S.-North Korea military search teams conducted 33 recovery operations that collected 229 sets of American remains.

But efforts to recover and return other remains have stalled for more than a decade because of the North’s nuclear weapons development and U.S. claims that the safety of recovery teams it sent during the administration of former President George W. Bush was not sufficiently guaranteed.

I gotta hand it to the Chief, he is getting shit done. He ain't gettin' credit for it, but all the metrics are in his favor. I am surprised at the movement.

Comment

I'm proud to say I regret not voting for trump.
      He's got mine next round.
      A sunny day
      A shotgun and a Chevrolet
      Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

Very good news to hear, thanks for posting it HG.

Comment

I am amazed that Trump got this done. The media should, but of course will not, recognize this.
          Of Clinton or Obama had done it I’d give them credit for it.
          But then I’m not a hypocrite liberal
          Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

In the 80s there was a guy in my shop who was a part of the occupation forces in Japan and fought in Korea. He always spoke of frozen bodies lined up on the ground whenever he spoke of Korea.

From one of my cruise books. A Team Spirit exercise, 1983.

Paul

Last edited by lynyrd; 06-23-2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Great Job Great President...Not A word On Fake News ... Just 24/7 bashing...

Comment

I proudly voted for President Trump and on the night of the Election, my 12 yr old Son and I watched TV until 2am to see the results. Other than watching the NY Rangers win the Stanley Cup in 1994, this was the best thing I ever waited for and watched. So far, he's been everything I ever wanted in a Commander in Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by lynyrd View Post
                  In the 80s there was a guy in my shop who was a part of the occupation forces in Japan and fought in Korea. He always spoke of frozen bodies lined up on the ground whenever he spoke of Korea.

From one of my cruise books. A Team Spirit exercise, 1983.

Paul

We were given a gift Paul. When we served there were still guys in who had experienced Korea first hand. I had a salty ol Chief on my first DD who I am still in awe of.
                  Their experience and perspectives taught us in ways no book or power point ever could.
                  Now I’ve got to start tearing through the garage to look for cruise books...thanks

A few of the other members here who serve with and before us are true time capsules of history and experience too.
                  I salute all you guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

We were given a gift Paul. When we served there were still guys in who had experienced Korea first hand. I had a salty ol Chief on my first DD who I am still in awe of.
                    Their experience and perspectives taught us in ways no book or power point ever could.
                    Now I’ve got to start tearing through the garage to look for cruise books...thanks

A few of the other members here who serve with and before us are true time capsules of history and experience too.
                    I salute all you guys...
                    I served with a China Marine.
                    wan t to talk about stories!
                    He then served in The Pacific during WW II.
                    Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

I served with a China Marine.
                      wan t to talk about stories!
                      He then served in The Pacific during WW II.
                      Yeah, but your seriously friggin old dude.

Comment

They push guys out now if they don't make rate. My cousin got pushed out after 26 years 'cause he didn't make Master Chief in time. Back in our time there were guys who literally made the military their life. As a teenager, these guys seemed really ancient.

Paul

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

I salute all you guys...

Comment

Originally posted by viper720 View Post
                          I'm proud to say I regret not voting for trump.
                          He's got mine next round.
                          Did you sit out on Election Day?

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post

Did you sit out on Election Day?
                            I did, I've been a bad boy.
                            A sunny day
                            A shotgun and a Chevrolet
                            Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

Originally posted by viper720 View Post

I did, I've been a bad boy.
                              giphy.gif

Glad he was able to bring these men home.
                              “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X