Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LT Michael Murphy US Navy SEAL Museum and Sea Cadet Training Center

Just a heads up:

March 25, 2020 we will be hosting the first ever Gala Dinner to support the LT Michael Murphy US Navy SEAL Museum and Sea Cadet Training Center. Sales of tickets, tables, VIP Packages and a special program to be announced will be going on sale soon.
    I can promise you that the speakers and VIP Package opportunities will be well worth the ticket price.
    Please consider attending and supporting this event.

No public money is being used to build this museum. Suffolk County has donated the land for use by but not transfer to the Museum.
    This will be only the second US Navy SEAL Museum in the world, right here on LI. The Museum will feature artifacts and displays from WW2 through today’s NSO communities.

​​​​​​​More to go follow in the coming weeks.

Oheka Castle
    25 March 2020

3FB93877-9E38-4CA4-BF7D-9E51771AF571.png

As the father of a former SEAL, I an definitely interested in this. My son was in BUDS (class 256) when Michael was killed and I remember him telling me that the instructors were beside themselves. Quote from one of the instructors was "They have messed with the wrong hornets nest"! Please post updates on the dinner as they become available.

Comment

I would like my older daughter to do Sea Cadets.
      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
        I would like my older daughter to do Sea Cadets.
        A coworker's daughter just finished up with them as she went off to college. She loved it and got a ton out of it.
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post

A coworker's daughter just finished up with them as she went off to college. She loved it and got a ton out of it.
          A close friend's son did Sea Cadets in HS then enlisted in the Navy. Probably career. He's doing OK at it and he started at a higher pay grade because of the Cadets.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

There are a few different Sea Cadet Divisions on LI. Depending where you live or are willing to travel to decides which to consider.
            It really is a great program.

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

A close friend's son did Sea Cadets in HS then enlisted in the Navy. Probably career. He's doing OK at it and he started at a higher pay grade because of the Cadets.
              While my friends daughter loved it she did not see military as her future, she just started college in a special program and is pursuing a dual degree in Chinese (she already speaks English, Korean and Spanish) and criminal justice with a goal of working for the FBI one day.
              Ben

Comment

In.

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post

While my friends daughter loved it she did not see military as her future, she just started college in a special program and is pursuing a dual degree in Chinese (she already speaks English, Korean and Spanish) and criminal justice with a goal of working for the FBI one day.
                  This kid was definitely not college material. Without a military job he'd be floundering in life. As it is, even in the Navy, his personal life is floundering but at least he has a job and benefits.

Comment

Working...
                  X