X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This pilot should be bumped up in rank

That was some serious pucker factor!
    SHADAP VARMINT!

I'm not an aviator of any measurement but I'm sure, that landing procedure include possibility of that. I think pilot must have his hand on accelerator during landing just because of that. This guy earned his pay for that month

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post
      I'm not an aviator of any measurement but I'm sure, that landing procedure include possibility of that. I think pilot must have his hand on accelerator during landing just because of that. This guy earned his pay for that month
      True. They all go full throttle when hooking the arresting cable.
      SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Damn, that pilot knows his stuff. This happened on my grandfathers carrier in the Korean War...except the guy went into shock and slowly sank. He said the pilot didn't eject, didn't get out, he just sat there.
        “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

"For my next landing I'd like a new cable and a clean pair of underwear."

Comment

Originally posted by Helmup View Post
            "For my next landing I'd like a new cable and a clean pair of underwear."
            BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Funny!
            SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post
              Think he earned about 175 lifetimes of salary on that one. Hawkeyes are going for $175000000 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Russian View Post

True. They all go full throttle when hooking the arresting cable.
                Yes they go full throttle but that arresting cable took all his speed before breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post

Yes they go full throttle but that arresting cable took all his speed before breaking.
                  Which makes the pilot's recovery of the plane even more remarkable!
                  SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Lol, I've seen worse. While with VAW-120 and 110 we would go on what we called DET (detachment). I was a trouble shooter and then a final Checker. The new E-2C Hawkeyes and C-2 Greyhound pilots would land the craziest way. They trained mostly on a simulator and then did a lot of shore flying before going on a flattop. That was when the props had four blades. Lol

Comment

so you think it was ohh shit or ohh fuck when pilot felt the cable snap

Comment

It was definitely an OHH Shit! FULL throttle, flaps down! OH GOD HELP US!!! I'm wondering if it had the full crew or pilot and copilot. It was from VAW-123 ScrewTops.

Comment

Originally posted by Karpteach View Post
                          Lol, I've seen worse. While with VAW-120 and 110 we would go on what we called DET (detachment). I was a trouble shooter and then a final Checker. The new E-2C Hawkeyes and C-2 Greyhound pilots would land the craziest way. They trained mostly on a simulator and then did a lot of shore flying before going on a flattop. That was when the props had four blades. Lol
                          VAW 117
                          '80 - '83
                          USS Ranger, '80 - '81
                          USS Enterprise, '82 - '83

For those not in the know, the pilots are trained for this as well as the flight deck crew are taught to stay well clear of the foul line.

It happens. Although I'm sure there is a sufficient pucker factor.

I deck launched in a C1 once. They sunk below the flight deck level when they did that. It is an odd feeling.

Paul
                          Last edited by lynyrd; 07-14-2016, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynyrd View Post

VAW 117
                            '80 - '83
                            USS Ranger, '80 - '81
                            USS Enterprise, '82 '83

For those not in the know, the pilots are trained for this as well as the flight deck crew are taught to stay well clear of the foul line.

It happens. Although I'm sure there is a sufficient pucker factor.

I deck launched in a C1 once. They sunk below the flight deck level when they did that. It is an odd feeling.

Paul
                            Paul your nuts. I would never get in a C1. Those bubble head looking airplanes were scary. VRC40 was in the back of our hanger. I would hang out with some Buddies working in those Turboprops. Scary!!! Lol
                            i did hitch a ride on a C2 and that was butt puckering!!!

Comment

Rule # 1. Keep flying the airplane.
                              Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Working...
                              X