No announcement yet.

"Swarming" Incident Of USCG Vessels In Gulf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on the USS Ranger and in Iran’s backyard when they released the hostages in ‘81. I remember saying to my Chief now we can go home. My Chief replied we were and will remain there because of the oil.

I’d like to also add the Coast Guard were in Vietnam in operations “Game Warden” and “Market Time” as we were taught in boot.

Paul
    Last edited by lynyrd; 04-28-2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

Not for nothing, but how lenient do we need to be? I would think the incident in early April would suffice for warning shots and the one this week should have been the world's quickest game of battleship!
      WWTD

(What would Trump do)

Having never served in the military due to medical issues, this is said with reluctance.

They already downed an expensive drone of ours, it's past due for a "Play stupid games, win a stupid prize" response. They are looking to negotiate a new Nuke Treaty from a position of strength, it's time to put them in their place and show other nations that Sleepy Joe shouldn't be awoken.
      True freedom and our inherent responsibility:
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...18&version=NLT
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...hronicles+7:14

Comment

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post

FUCK YEAH.....we got better shit.....GET SOME!
        Yes, I think most will agree that our weapons are (marginally?) better than Chinese weapons for now - but if they're allowed to come within 68 yards of one of our ships, any technical advantage our systems have will be negated. I'm more worried about their first attack against us and what it will do - (Beirut Oct. 1983) and less so about a long term engagement.

Last edited by Dan 0351; 04-28-2021, 02:54 PM.
        "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by lynyrd View Post
          I was on the USS Ranger and in Iran’s backyard when they released the hostages in ‘81. I remember saying to my Chief now we can go home. My Chief replied we were and will remain there because of the oil.

I’d like to also add the Coast Guard were in Vietnam in operations “Game Warden” and “Market Time” as we were taught in boot.

Paul
          Ranger? Didn't she have oar propulsion and bi-planes? 🤭😁🇺🇸

I say that as a tin can sailor whose first ship had the keel layed by Noah.
          0755DF21-3E13-41F3-81F6-AAC614F1FC80.jpeg

ETA: love ya, Paul but it’s been a while since I’ve seen anyone break your balls around here 🌹🦒
          Last edited by Huntington Guy; 04-28-2021, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Diesel1
            Diesel1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Who's ship is pictured there? That sucker looks tiny. Must have some interesting stories.

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Yes, I think most will agree that our weapons are (marginally?) better than Chinese weapons for now - but if they're allowed to come within 68 yards of one of our ships, any technical advantage our systems have will be negated. I'm more worried about their first attack against us and what it will do - (Beirut Oct. 1983) and less so about a long term engagement.

CB766FAF-2A5C-4B32-94EF-EDC55849EB40.jpeg E4FC135C-BD0F-4DC8-AA04-763F20DE4F41.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Most likely oar, but I knew of nothing below the flight deck. 'Cept the mess deck.

and my bunk.

and the head.......

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

ETA: love ya, Paul but it’s been a while since I’ve seen anyone break your balls around here 🌹🦒
              Was the Vogelgesang your ship?
              I was two away, om the Ellison (864).

DD86403.jpg
              Good to know I'm in the company of other Tin Can sailors.

Comment

First off, I'd like to thank all our Veterans on here for your service and sacrifice!

In all seriousness, can the veterans on here start a new thread where you guys can post up what branch, when and what you did....any cool stories, photos, etc. I love hearing about it and with my FIL and Grandfather gone, I don't get to hear any more stories unfortunately. I know I can't be the only one that would enjoy reading.

I certainly know that there are things that may not want to be shared, especially with civilians, but whatever you guys are comfortable sharing, by all means.

The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

Working...
                X