Inexpensive scope for 10/22 for Appleseed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inexpensive scope for 10/22 for Appleseed

I am looking for an inexpensive scope up to 8x or 9x for a 10/22. I will use it for Appleseed set at 4x but would like to have more magnification for other times. I don't want to spend a fortune as this scope will mostly sit in the closet as my 10/22 normally has a red dot on it for plinking.
    Ben

AIM 4x32 is fairly cheap. A BSA 22 at Dicks is either 9 or 12 power. I forget what mine was. Got it for 55 incl tax.

Comment

I'll have to check tomorrow night but I think I have a Bushnell cheapo 3x9 that's all yours if you promise to give it a good home.
      If I recall, it's wearing Weaver rings.
      Please remind me - cause stuff falls out of my head on a regular basis.

Comment

Love my Nikon 3-9. Most times you can get it on sale for around 100 bucks.
        "Regardless of the reason, there comes a time when ordinary men and women must find the courage to choose a side. It is then that battle lines are drawn, and the only way to survive is to become what the enemy fears most."

"STAND YOUR GROUND, DONT FIRE UNLESS FIRED UPON, BUT IF THEY MEAN TO HAVE A WAR LET IT BEGIN HERE!" Captain John Parker @ Battle of Lexington April 19th, 1775

Comment

• UVBNAXED
          UVBNAXED commented
          Editing a comment
          Bro, you know me. I have a Hubble on mine.

• CptChaos296
          CptChaos296 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I do! LOL

I used a dicks special 3x9 scope. I think it was made by Center Point? It was only $50 and I picked one up when I got a few Marlin 795's for $99 at Dicks years ago. It worked fine at appleseeds. A couple people have probably made rifleman using my rifle and scope.

Have you considered just using the red dot or getting some tech sights (irons)? I know a lot of people go to the magnification due to their vision, but clearing a redcoat or making rifleman with iron sights feels pretty badass. If your eyes can handle it id recommend trying.

Comment

on my 10/22 i have a centerpoint scope that i bought for ~$50 at walmart. came with rings and folding dust covers which was a great bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by RumRunner View Post
            I used a dicks special 3x9 scope. I think it was made by Center Point? It was only $50 and I picked one up when I got a few Marlin 795's for $99 at Dicks years ago. It worked fine at appleseeds. A couple people have probably made rifleman using my rifle and scope.

Have you considered just using the red dot or getting some tech sights (irons)? I know a lot of people go to the magnification due to their vision, but clearing a redcoat or making rifleman with iron sights feels pretty badass. If your eyes can handle it id recommend trying.
            I shot an Appleseed once with Tech Sights, my eyes are just not up to it even with my contacts especially towards the end of the day when my eyes get tired. The red dot is not accurate enough for the smallest targets on the AQT or I would definitely use that. I will be building out a second rifle (keep tuned for a coming thread with all the mods I am planing on) for my nephew and that will have Tech Sights for his 12 year old eyes.
            Ben

Comment

I have a BSA Sweet .22 I just took off my 10/22. Probably have some extra rings as well.
              You are welcome to it. Not asking anything in return - just paying it forward and if you take me up on it and have the chance to do the same please do.

Consider it making amends for my swipe at Pats fans and their unnatural man love for Brady.
              You know what kind of people I really don't like?
              Other people.

Comment

Cabelas makes a rim fire for 99.99 that's a3-9.. They also have a fixed power rim fire scope for 50

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post

I shot an Appleseed once with Tech Sights, my eyes are just not up to it even with my contacts especially towards the end of the day when my eyes get tired. The red dot is not accurate enough for the smallest targets on the AQT or I would definitely use that. I will be building out a second rifle (keep tuned for a coming thread with all the mods I am planing on) for my nephew and that will have Tech Sights for his 12 year old eyes.
                  Since you don't want to go crazy, and would use the red dot if you could, you can grab a magnified Aimpoint for only $850. I think I am going to order a case.
                  NRA Benefactor Life
                  NRA Instructor & RSO
                  NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

I went with the Nikon rimfire. For about 120 bucks it is super excellent at 2-7x40. It outset the shooting ability of the gun.
                    Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post
                      I am looking for an inexpensive scope up to 8x or 9x for a 10/22. I will use it for Appleseed set at 4x but would like to have more magnification for other times. I don't want to spend a fortune as this scope will mostly sit in the closet as my 10/22 normally has a red dot on it for plinking.
                      Nikon P-Rimfire (P-22 ?) Approx $160ish on Amazon

ETA: sorry did not see Class3's post above.
                      Last edited by ChiefSailer; 05-11-2016, 02:30 PM.
                      Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

I think some people over look the RedField Revolution...I have a 3-9 X 40mm and she is crystal clear, Made in the USA..

Comment

• bigbore44
                          bigbore44 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          NOTE ***And it's the ONLY one in the line that's USA made, all the rest are made in the Philippines. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing, but just not USA.

Originally posted by CptChaos296 View Post
                        Love my Nikon 3-9. Most times you can get it on sale for around 100 bucks.
                        Nikon's glass is excellent for the price. I also have a Prostaff 3-9x on my 10/22. Paid a little over $100 (amazon, I think).
                        To be human is to be armed.

Comment

Originally posted by iceburg View Post
                          I think some people over look the RedField Revolution...I have a 3-9 X 40mm and she is crystal clear, Made in the USA..
                          I have an older Redfield on one of mine and I have to say, it's a pretty good optic.

Comment

Working...
                          X