50 bmg scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 bmg scope

I have a 50 bmg with a 10 x fixed swfa super sniper scope want to move to a better scope what do you guys think

How much you want to spend? Nightforce is the shit, but cost more than the rifle.
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Not sure what you're looking at but I have one I'm looking to upgrade.
      If I'm not breaking any rules here - look at this:
      https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...ope-field-test

Look at what came in 9th overall best in the high end scope review and 1st overall in value (street price) for what you get.

Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5 x 21 x 50.

Mine wearing the (may I say exotic?) Horus H59 reticle.

Let me know if this is something that rings your bell.

Whatever you get I would imagine you're going to want a hell of a set of rings to keep it nailed down. Spuhr or (my choice) Near Mfg. Alpha Mount.
      A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.

- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
        How much you want to spend? Nightforce is the shit, but cost more than the rifle.
        Looking into one myself.

- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I'm very happy with my Sightron III.
          Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

How much

Comment

Do some research.. Night force will run you around 2k.. Leupold mark 4.. About 1600..mark 6 over 2.4k and the mark 8 is pushing 4.5k..

The most popular scope used among the top 100 precision rifle shooters was the new vortex razor 2... Runs around 2.25k before mounts don't know if it's rated for 50 bmg though

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy77 View Post
                How much
                let me mull it over.

And...........................I didn't get my post deleted or an angry PM from any, ahem, administrator for self promotion.
                I guess we're not in Kansas any longer.

- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrob View Post
                  Do some research.. Night force will run you around 2k.. Leupold mark 4.. About 1600..mark 6 over 2.4k and the mark 8 is pushing 4.5k..

The most popular scope used among the top 100 precision rifle shooters was the new vortex razor 2... Runs around 2.25k before mounts don't know if it's rated for 50 bmg though
                  I'm using a Leupold MK IV ERT 6.5 x 20 FFP on one and I have to tell you, it's a good piece of glass. I only wish it was in the 1600 range.

I have to tell you. One of the things that was high on my list was (is) the Vortex Razor Gen II.
                  It was that damn Malaka guy that veered me off track the other night.
                  Bastard.
                  Last edited by pandm; 05-17-2016, 06:52 PM.

- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post

I'm using a Leupold MK IV ERT 6.5 x 20 FFP on one and I have to tell you, it's a good piece of glass. I only wish it was in the 1600 range.

I have to tell you. One of the things that was high on my list was (is) the Vortex Razor Gen II.
                    It was that damn Malaka guy that veered me off track the other night.
                    Bastard.

My mark 4 lrt 6.5-20 illuminated was 1450, 150 for the rings.. How much did you pay for yours?
                    Last edited by Bigrob; 05-17-2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Big rifle=Big recoil=Big glass=Expensive glass. I find in scopes, use what the Spec Ops uses, it has been tested under extreme conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrob View Post

My mark 4 lrt 6.5-20 illuminated was 1450, 150 for the rings.. How much did you pay for yours?
                        Slight difference. I have the ERT. Paid a couple hundred more, but of course, that was a few years ago. As the newer models have come out, prices drop on the older ones.

- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Nightforce is the way to go. plus their customer service is amazing, I damaged the cap for my Parallax adjustment and called then to find out how much a replacement would be, They just asked for my address and serial number and a few days later a new cap and some swag were in my mailbox, Gratis.

Nightforce customer for life.

If anyone is interested in checking it out you are MOAR than welcome to.

​Nightforce NXS 8x32x56 (MOAR reticle)

http://nightforceoptics.com/nxs/8-32x56
                          Last edited by thatguy; 05-19-2016, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X