Burris XTR Signature scope rings??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burris XTR Signature scope rings??

They seem like very solid sturdy rings and I like the idea of being able to customize scope cant which can be done up to 40 MOA. I'm putting together a .308 for long range and my choice is between using these rings with a 0 MOA rail and customizing the cant using the inserts or going with a 20 MOA rail and using Vortex Precision Matched Rings instead.

Anyone have any experience with these rings?

I vote for 20 degree rail

Comment

Check out Larue Tactical mounts, fantastic mounts that are worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by LMP View Post
        Check out Larue Tactical mounts, fantastic mounts that are worth a look.
        This. I picked one up earlier this year and it’s rock solid. It retains its zero perfectly when moving it between firearms, now I can switch my Gortex PST at a moments notice between guns, the check my notes and dial up the zero for that guns.

20moa Larue for the win.
        NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
          They seem like very solid sturdy rings and I like the idea of being able to customize scope cant which can be done up to 40 MOA. I'm putting together a .308 for long range and my choice is between using these rings with a 0 MOA rail and customizing the cant using the inserts or going with a 20 MOA rail and using Vortex Precision Matched Rings instead.

I have the Burris XTR signiture rings on all my long range rifles , they're solid rings , I would go with a 20 moa scope rail though. .

Comment

I use the Burris signature Zee rings. They have the inserts and so far really like them. They inner rings actually clamp the scope down nicely without marring the scope.

I do not use offsets though, instead I use a 20 MOA base.

Comment

I love my vortex/seekins match rings.

Comment

I liked them so much that I ended up buying 3 sets to replace rings on some other setups. Still have one set not installed you can borrow it if you want, 30mm.

Comment

Originally posted by iceburg View Post

I have the Burris XTR signiture rings on all my long range rifles , they're solid rings , I would go with a 20 moa scope rail though. .
                  How do you set them up if you don't want any cant ? There's only one set of "0" offset inserts.

Comment

How do you set them up if you don't want any cant ? There's only one set of "0" offset inserts.
                    You would have to read the instructions on that question , I bought these specific rings for added external moa...Burris makes the same rings with no inserts for like $30 cheaper. .I'm sure a quick search can answer that question for you.

Comment

You would have to read the instructions on that question , I bought these specific rings for added external moa...Burris makes the same rings with no inserts for like $30 cheaper. .I'm sure a quick search can answer that question for you.
                      I have these XTR (w/o adjustment shims) on a couple of firearms, highly recommended and fairly priced.
                      NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

I use them. If you need more than 20, get a 20 MOA rail AND use the Burris rings. Works perfectly for me.

Comment

The instructions only cover canting the scope. According to the website,

"Each ring set includes one set of the +/- 0 MOA concentric, one set each of the +/-5 MOA and +/-10 MOA, and two sets of the +/-20 MOA. With these inserts, it is possible to make 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 or 40 MOA of cant in the scope mount."

I'm going to guess (but will check with Burris) that the two sets of +/- 20 MOA when used in both rings must act as zero MOA adjustment. Unfortunately, however, my set did not match the website (thanks Amazon) , ie: was missing one of the 20's and had an extra 10, so either it was packaged incorrectly or someone returned these and swiped an insert.

Comment

The instructions only cover canting the scope. According to the website,

"Each ring set includes one set of the +/- 0 MOA concentric, one set each of the +/-5 MOA and +/-10 MOA, and two sets of the +/-20 MOA. With these inserts, it is possible to make 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 or 40 MOA of cant in the scope mount."

I'm going to guess (but will check with Burris) that the two sets of +/- 20 MOA when used in both rings must act as zero MOA adjustment. Unfortunately, however, my set did not match the website (thanks Amazon) , ie: was missing one of the 20's and had an extra 10, so either it was packaged incorrectly or someone returned these and swiped an insert.
                            Ya can't go wrong with calling Burris for all your questions with this product ..I called them when I got my first set of XTR rings just to make sure I was setting them up right...They were very helpful. .

Comment

I put them on my Savage 6.5 Creedmoor seem real nice but have yet to sight the weapon in and absolutely readThe instructions a couple of times

Comment

Working...
                              X