No announcement yet.

Educate me on Red Dots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Vortex Strikefire II and I've been very happy with it. They also make a flip up magnifier that is designed to work in tandem with the red dot. I had an Eotech 512 which I wanted to love because I'd heard such good things about it, but I took advantage of their recall program at the time and got all of my money back. I got the Eotech before I had my cataract surgery in my right eye and I think if I had it now, I'd like it much more.

Comment

Also have the Vortex Venom 3 MOA and it's also very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Turfman81 View Post

Watch the for sale section next week, Iā€™m sure he might sell it šŸ˜‚.
        šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ–•šŸ¼

Comment

I like the Burris FastFire, series 1 to series 3 prices go from under $70 to $275
          stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Originally posted by Pitbull428 View Post
            Aimpoint Pro $ 350-400 depending on your source . Battery lasts about 2-3 years with the unit left on continuously at setting 7.

Also Strong consideration should go to the vortex Crossfire, a terrific value at $150.
            +1 definitely a nice optic for the price. Clean looking mount as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post

+1 definitely a nice optic for the price. Clean looking mount as well.
              Agreed. The Crossfire comes with a removeavle high rise mount

Comment

The Burris Fastfires are good; I have a 2 that resided on my shotgun for a while and held zero, it's now on an AR.
                I replaced the Burris with the referenced PA Advanced Micro Dot and that too held zero. Now I have a RMR on it that I've zeroed but haven't shot much (sale when Cabellas was clearing them out). My 2 defensive guns (5.56 & 300 blk) have Aimpoints.

Comment

I've been using a $35 BSA 30mm red dot for over five years. It's done duty on an AK and is currently doing duty on the AR I use for matches and plinking. It has surpassed my (admittedly low) expectations for a cheap red dot sight. The dot is kinda large, but it's perfect for our matches because most of the targets are within 20 yards, and that's almost point blank for a rifle.
                  I don't need a high end "combat" grade sight since I don't expect to go into combat with it....
                  SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

I have a Vortex Strikefire II on my AR and it works well.
                    Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Vortex strkefire is good

bushnell trs25 is good as well and cheap

Comment

I just started to search and use red dot. If you have no problem with your eye sight and mostly with astigmatism, you don't have to worry about seeing star instead of dot. Choose your pass: if you need fun rifle for plinking and punching holes in the paper, go with cheap optics, save money but do not be surprised if/when you start to have troubles with it. You get what you pay for. Middle priced optics like Holosun will probably give you longer service life and good warranty on the part of manufacturer.

If you plan to take some classes with it or defend yourself with it, go to the high end, wait to some sale and get it. I was waiting for a few month for a sale on Opticsplanet but I've got a great deal on MRO.

Comment

I would suggest looking into a low powered variable optic honestly. PA makes one in the $280 range.

Fast target acquisition for close range, illuminated reticle and can reach out if need be.

Comment

In today's MidwayUSA flier...

Comment

Last week picked up a Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 to put on my Ruger PC9. Simple, compact and easy to use and best of all cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
                                Holosun. End thread. Not a true "budget" red dot but a great red dot for the price. $200 range. Plus they just came out with the green dot versions of their line. I find green way easier to see for my eyes.

Wait for holiday sales or black friday if you are looking for optics. You'll save a lot of money that way and the best price for your budget.
                                In a world of EoTechs, Aimpoints, Trijcons, and Leupolds I'd say Holosun is budget. Doesn't function like a budget optic. One of those few products China copied that seems to run nearly as good as the original (Aimpoint Micro T).

LiDad you can't go wrong with most of the 500 line of Holosuns. Just go through what features you want and go from there. Primary Arms partnered with them to put the ACSS combat reticle on a line of dots.

Also, if this is for a range toy battery life is irrelevant and just pick the RDS or Holographic you like. If you plan on using this for HD or some type of situation where you want the battery running then a red dot is best.

Comment

Working...
                                X