See less

red dot for pistol caliber carbine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Holosun elite series green dots look promising, I have my eye on one of them for my Ruger PCC. Their least expensive version is right around $185.
    Last edited by ZachP; 07-25-2018, 01:18 PM.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have an Eotech 512 on mine. I know there are cheaper red dots but I have issues with many of them due to my astigmatism.

TRS-25 is a good value but I don't see a sharp dot on it.

Comment

I'm 59 and just getting into scopes now.

I shot a 30mm Aimpoint on a 9mm carbine and it was awesome. I'm gonna get the takedown JR Carbine and drop the large Aimpoint on it. A buddy of mine at my NH range turned me on to the set up. He used to teach at Sig.

Comment

Primary arms Micro dots are a great choice, so is vortex generally. I personally have an rmr on mine and am really happy with it, although I did just have this laying around.
          -Rob
          NRA CRSO
          NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
          NRA Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

Affiliated with:
          MDTS training
          www.MDTStraining.com
          &
          Fortress Consulting Group LLC.
          www.fortressedge.net

https://www.instagram.com/robepifania/

Comment

Originally posted by wdeister08 View Post
            Vick,

is this going to be strictly toy or some harder purposes may be expected of it? I'd go with a PA Acss Raptor 1-6?(8?) Or any of the Holosun 500 series lines for most applications.
            just for fun and matches when I have time.

I didn't get a job at a summer camp upstate or at the mall, and if we are talking HD stuff those are as simple and as few failure points as possible.
            High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Another guy for TRS-25 A078EB86-57B8-4BB9-AAAE-7FED106AD9EF.jpeg
              The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
                Nice group. It is 3 or 5 yards?

Vick,
                If you do not have any issues with your eye sight, go with affordable, on sale red dot. Quality of the glass is much less important at short ranges.

Comment

IMHO the Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot or the Holosun versions are impossible to beat for the money. They come with both a low and high mount and have 50K hour battery life. The Holosun versions have auto on which I like. Holosun makes them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_stU8lSZ8

Comment

Big thumbs up for the Primary Arms micro dot. I have one of their older models and it's fantastic for the price. Very lightweight, decently clear optical clarity, good battery life, and their customer service is AAA++.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosin1942 View Post
                      Big thumbs up for the Primary Arms micro dot. I have one of their older models and it's fantastic for the price. Very lightweight, decently clear optical clarity, good battery life, and their customer service is AAA++.
                      Have it on my wife's AR-9. Stays on at all times. Ready to rock.

Comment

Bushnell trs25. Solid cheap red dot. Holds zero on 300aac and 6.8spc fine

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post
                          I have an Eotech 512 on mine. I know there are cheaper red dots but I have issues with many of them due to my astigmatism.

TRS-25 is a good value but I don't see a sharp dot on it.
                          very sharp on thise i have
                          "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post

Nice group. It is 3 or 5 yards?
                            What makes you think it's on an AK?
                            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post

What makes you think it's on an AK?
                              You probably think it was a spear? Was that used during your service ?

Comment

Do to professional reasons, I have had the opportunity to play with the Meprolight M21. It runs on tritium so it is always on. It has a 12 year warranty. Very nice unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X