Straight vs Angled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight vs Angled

Looking at two variations of the same model scope. One is 20-60x60mm with a straight body, the other is 20-60x80mm angled. 80mm is aprox $100 more (not an issue).

I'd normally just jump on the larger objective, but I'm not sure which body design is more comfortable with prone shooting. Also, less of a concern but still there, if the 20mm larger lends would add too much bulk when cased with my rifle in a drag bag

Thoughts?

title of this tread is just too easy

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
      title of this tread is just too easy
      It's obviously meant to be a Bill Clinton reference!

Comment

For her pleasure...
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

If it's angled they can fix that now . So I've heard

Comment

A6BC2CB8-CECF-4AD6-964B-4787BE56471D.jpeg

Comment

angled is more versatile and can be used in a variety of situations such as astronomy. I would stick with 50 or 60mm with ED or HD glass. 80mm is to big to carry around.

when you get sick and tired dragging the spotting scope around and the time it takes to set it up. ED scopes hold better value and you can sell them in for a really good set of 7x or 8x binoculars. Unless this scope is just for the range
              Last edited by Ancap; 10-01-2018, 03:20 PM.
              The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

thought this was a front to back or back to front kinda thread, oh boy

Comment

The Great Straight Hope?

Comment

ok i guess your talking spotting scopes , if so what is the intended use ? ,matches or field work . if so think of positions and where your head and gun are ...

Comment

Working...
                    X