Other then iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other then iron

Anyone use other then iron sites at the range? I was thinking of getting a red dot sute for my 1911. I rarely see people use them. Why?

I use a C-More on my 1911

Comment

I use a 3D X-ray time warper,

Comment

My guesses wold be cost and reliability as to why you don't see more of them.

Cost for the parts and installation (milling the slide if need be) and reliability as in if it's a pistol that would be used for self defense, the chance (even if minuscule) that they won't work when you need it to.

I used a set up that Chris Fry (MDTS) had at one of his classes and it was neat to try. He had found a set-up for Glocks that do not need milling (red dot mount goes into the rear sight dovetail) so the cost came down a decent amount due to that. I would get one for a range-only / competition gun that if there was a failure, your life would not depend on it.
        Brandon

NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

I spent a few thousand rounds shooting a Glock with an rmr Milled slide to Sigurd out it is stupid. Slower. More costly. But it just looks really cool

Comment

Originally posted by xcentrk View Post
            My guesses wold be cost and reliability as to why you don't see more of them.

Cost for the parts and installation (milling the slide if need be) and reliability as in if it's a pistol that would be used for self defense, the chance (even if minuscule) that they won't work when you need it to.

I used a set up that Chris Fry (MDTS) had at one of his classes and it was neat to try. He had found a set-up for Glocks that do not need milling (red dot mount goes into the rear sight dovetail) so the cost came down a decent amount due to that. I would get one for a range-only / competition gun that if there was a failure, your life would not depend on it.
            Those rear sight mounts are extra silly. They raise the dot way higher than it needs to be and you have to index the gun differently

Comment

Working...
            X