Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancap View Post

Post pics When your done....I always loved this concept
    Will do. I already own a Viper Vortex PST 1-4X24 illuminated with a quick release American Defense mount that was going on my PC-9 but it looks like the perfect choice of many who are going after the practical gun route. Just need a Rhodesian sling and think I'm good. Heading upstate in the next week or so to test this rig out. Picked up and early non take down Ruger police carbine today from a member here with a red dot on it which I never owned and think that's more the way to go on a PC-9 and use the vortex 1-4x24 on the .308 for what I'm doing with it. Thanks much for all your input on this as it has been very educational. And... saved some coin if it works out with what I already have.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Sr. View Post

Bingo ! This is exactly what I'm looking to use this for and thanks for the info. Very much a variation on Cooper's original theme of the .308 scout rifle or as I'm using it as the "practical" rifle. Thanks again.
      Did you look at the Vortex crossfire II Scout 2-7x35?

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post

Did you look at the Vortex crossfire II Scout 2-7x35?
        No and if it's a true scout scope with eye relief of a scout scope there's no provisions to mount it forward on my rifle like the Ruger Gunsite Scout. The scope I'll be mounting will be in the traditional location after adding a Weigand "WEIG-A-TINNY" rail converting the propriety Ruger ring mount points to a rail set up. I went with the Ruger Hawkeye tactical instead of the Gunsite Scout as I don't like to rely on having to carry extra magazines for what I envision my use for this firearm will be. There's so many options out there now makes one heads spin thinking about it. Wish there was a "scopes are us" that I could spend some time there really checking out all the variables. I have some buddies who seem to have spent a small fortune on glass and keep on spending looking for that right scope..no deep pockets here. I wouldn't buy a car without driving it seems kind of crazy to blindly spend money on a scope hoping it's going to be the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Sr. View Post

No and if it's a true scout scope with eye relief of a scout scope there's no provisions to mount it forward on my rifle like the Ruger Gunsite Scout. The scope I'll be mounting will be in the traditional location after adding a Weigand "WEIG-A-TINNY" rail converting the propriety Ruger ring mount points to a rail set up. I went with the Ruger Hawkeye tactical instead of the Gunsite Scout as I don't like to rely on having to carry extra magazines for what I envision my use for this firearm will be. There's so many options out there now makes one heads spin thinking about it. Wish there was a "scopes are us" that I could spend some time there really checking out all the variables. I have some buddies who seem to have spent a small fortune on glass and keep on spending looking for that right scope..no deep pockets here. I wouldn't buy a car without driving it seems kind of crazy to blindly spend money on a scope hoping it's going to be the right one.
          Gotcha, yes it’s for a forward Scout rail.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post

Gotcha, yes it’s for a forward Scout rail.
            And hey appreciate every thought and response.

Comment

Working...
            X