Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigrob View Post
    You get what you pay for with scopes
    Goes without saying... Hope to spend the coin once on this project.

Comment

Leupold vx or 4x fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post
        Leupold vx or 4x fixed
        I put a Leupold 4X rimfire scope on my CZ 455. Man, that thing is crystal clear.

Comment

Budget?

Comment

For such short range, you might want to try one of those low power variable scopes that are becoming popular with three gunners. Such as 1-4x or 1-6x

you get the benefit of a red dot at 1x magnification with the option of more power for longer ranges.

plusthey are small and lightweight

Weaver makes a compact (8 inches) 1-3x that only weighs 8 ounces

295D7512-60FD-4B68-9E2A-2ED30CE2AA37.jpeg
            The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

In my opinion. Get 30mm rings for it and a 30mm scope. Then get a vortex 1-6 scope. Either the strike eagle or viper. My vote goes to the viper but it's more $$$. The 30mm in my experience is a big qol improvement over 1".

Comment

Thanks much for all the input on the subject. I have a Vortex 1-4x24 which they now call the Ranger that I installed on my new PC-9. Has the illuminated reticle and positive click tactical turrets which I do love this piece of glass. Spent almost of an hour on the phone with Vortex and narrowed it down to the Viper PST 2.5-10X44 which is like the big brother to the one mentioned about with all the same features, tactical turrets and illuminated reticle. And then the Viper HS 2.5-10x44. The rep from Vortex talked me out of the PST as HS has a reputation for 200 and under yards as well as out to 500 and works well in mid to short range. It is 30mm tube, Dead-Hold BDC and like my 1-4x24 will be mounted in an American Defense AR style scope mount. Purchased a Weigand Machine and Design "WEIG-A-TINNY" rail that replaces the factory Ruger rings. Looking forward to getting this set up. Thanks again for all the help. Hopefully spent the coin once on this set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Sr. View Post
                  Thanks much for all the input on the subject. I have a Vortex 1-4x24 which they now call the Ranger that I installed on my new PC-9. Has the illuminated reticle and positive click tactical turrets which I do love this piece of glass. Spent almost of an hour on the phone with Vortex and narrowed it down to the Viper PST 2.5-10X44 which is like the big brother to the one mentioned about with all the same features, tactical turrets and illuminated reticle. And then the Viper HS 2.5-10x44. The rep from Vortex talked me out of the PST as HS has a reputation for 200 and under yards as well as out to 500 and works well in mid to short range. It is 30mm tube, Dead-Hold BDC and like my 1-4x24 will be mounted in an American Defense AR style scope mount. Purchased a Weigand Machine and Design "WEIG-A-TINNY" rail that replaces the factory Ruger rings. Looking forward to getting this set up. Thanks again for all the help. Hopefully spent the coin once on this set up.
                  In your initial post, you indicated you wanted to stay with the 1" Ruger rings. Now that you are using the rail and are open to 30mm tubes, that opens up a whole new set of possibilities. In that case, I would recommend the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 FFP. It parallaxes down to 20 yards and has the EBR-2C reticle which is the same as the Viper PST Gen 2. I have three of them and I'm very pleased with them. It's $350.

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

In your initial post, you indicated you wanted to stay with the 1" Ruger rings. Now that you are using the rail and are open to 30mm tubes, that opens up a whole new set of possibilities. In that case, I would recommend the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 FFP. It parallaxes down to 20 yards and has the EBR-2C reticle which is the same as the Viper PST Gen 2. I have three of them and I'm very pleased with them. It's $350.
                    Id say he goes with the one he chose. FFP really doesnt mean much when you're under 200 yards. If he was gonna go FFP and he already planned to spend the extra cash i would have suggested the viper PST gen II 2.5-10. FFP and exposed turrets are really the only difference between the PSTGII and the HS that he mentioned. The vipers improved glass over the Dback will be more valuable to him then FFP anyways.

Comment

Working...
                    X