FIRST LOOK: The Trijicon SRO Is the Most Intuitive Red Dot Ever Created

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post

I think I find the problem is when I see the dot on the target I pull the trigger but maybe there's a parallax thing going on? Even though I see the dot on the target my sights still need to be lined up as well at the same time? I don't know. But the dot takes over my entire focus... and I shoot lower than whale shit.
    If you line up the sights the dot should sit on top of the front sight. So that is correct. But the round goes where the dot is if you can see it even if the sights aren’t aligned. That’s why with a rifle the flip down back up sights make it easier because they aren’t visible.

I agree on training but my irons on a come back on target quicker for me and I find myself searching for the dot instead of focusing on a quick follow up

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post

Good quality red dots should be parallax free, but you need to know what you dealing with. Anyhow, good hardware will not substitute training and knowledge. Ask Dan 0351 , he knows
      well obviously. I've attended a lot of training and there's many who are on this site who have seen me shoot or who have shot with me who know I dont suck at handgun shooting. I'm just not comfortable with RMR sights for the above stated reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab
        Carry optics are for the spiced pumpkin latte crowd.. I’ve heard Starbucks allows you to carry in their stores as long as it’s carry optics on a CZ. Very Hipsterish! 🤣😂🤣
        I've never heard that CZ considered to be a hipster gun. I know for a fact that people who claim that vaccination is causing Autism using Glock owners as example.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post

well obviously. I've attended a lot of training and there's many who are on this site who have seen me shoot or who have shot with me who know I dont suck at handgun shooting. I'm just not comfortable with RMR sights for the above stated reasons.
          I'm not advocating for red dot, because I have very limited experience with it, what I'm saying is having large field of view might help with dot acquisition. It is not "mast have" but for certain people and scenarios it might be very helpful.

RMR is so small, it is hard to use if you don't have "natural aim point" with particular gun.

Comment

Crimson trace red laser works just fine in the lighting at Mitchell Field. Cost a lot less than this thing.
            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Aaron Cowan has a ton of videos on the use of RDO's on handguns; a lot of good information, especially for those that are skeptical of their use. This is just one of them, but I suggest watching more if you're reading this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post
                ...good hardware will not substitute training and knowledge. Ask Dan 0351 , he knows

No, no it won't. But poor hardware and using masses of uneducated, poorly trained cannon fodder CAN substitute good training and knowledge sometimes. Especially under threat of being machine-gunned by your own leaders ("Barrier Troops").

But, I digress, I'm not a big fan of handgun optics. I'm not a range paper-puncher (not that there's anything wrong with that), and my handguns are tools more than they are recreational toys. BUT, I do think the dots are cool to plink with once in a while. I think if you train hard with them, they'd be fast. But the iron sights are more forgiving.
                Last edited by Dan 0351; 04-26-2019, 12:13 PM.
                No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Red Dots are the future, train with them you will get better. It's good that they are less forgiving then irons. Means that you need more practice in fundamentals.

I was a big nay sayer when it came to them. Once I started to seriously practice I had my "oh" moment.

The SRO and ACRO will be great optics and I plan on getting a SRO to replace my RMR.
                  Last edited by bcwood64; 04-29-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Some saying that red dot on carbine is almost "old school" already. With modern true 1-4 or 1-6 scopes, red dot start to show it limitations in general purposes rifles. I think with some times when we start to have them on secondary market or "white door special" SRO will be great item to get.

Comment

I never used a red dot. Why this over a laser for self defense?
                      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I don't think red dot is compared to laser at all. It is more like competitor to irons but in no shape or form it is substitute for one. Plus this particular red dot might be too large for a CCW, unless you carry mid-full size gun.

Comment

I shoot a red dot on pistols in carry optics for USPSA. It is godsend and improved my shooting significantly. It's fast and accurate once you train with it and it's second nature to find the dot. It was a hurdle to get to be comfortable with a higher aiming system than your traditional irons but not impossible. However, once you get the hang of it, it's a huge advantage in fast shooting. The idea is to buy a solid red dot from a reputable company that can take the abuse of 10s of thousands rounds down range. Shitty knockoffs have and will fail because the slide mounted reddot takes a massive beating with every shot fired. More so than the carbines because the way pistol recoil with the slide. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                            I never used a red dot. Why this over a laser for self defense?
                            A LEO once told me the purpose of a laser is not to point to where the bullet will go, but rather to designate the target you're pointing at.

It's used by SWAT, entry teams etc so team members will quickly see a suspect is covered by some team member (as well as the visual psychological deterrence factor).

I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                            I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by 01TA View Post
                              Now I know where my tax refund is going.
                              Whats a tax refund?
                              "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
                              Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Comment

Working...
                              X