Best LGS for mounting a scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best LGS for mounting a scope?

I have a scope that needs rings and to be mounted.

Suggestions for the best LGS to bring it to for that?

Thanks.
    I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

When I bought my Rem 700 SPS from Campsite, they mounted a scope I already had with rings I purchased from them. Also, when I bought my G34 MOS, Paul installed a Vortex Venom on it and did a bore sight. A little fine tuning on both and I can now buzz the hair off a mosquitos ass. Lol

Comment

I guess it comes down to the selection of rings a shop has. I don't know enough about ring selection to know what are better.

I want good quality and reliability but it's not for competition either.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

I think most of the “good stores” can do it for you as they all seem to have a decent selection of rings. Go to the one closest.

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
          I guess it comes down to the selection of rings a shop has. I don't know enough about ring selection to know what are better.

I want good quality and reliability but it's not for competition either.
          A set of Warne rings will probably be your best bet. They’re solid and do the job without murdering your wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by E View Post
            I think most of the “good stores” can do it for you as they all seem to have a decent selection of rings. Go to the one closest.
            Campsite is closest. I'll try there.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks.
              I had good luck with them too!

Comment

Thanks.
                The bearded wonder is the man for the job. If your lucky, he will let you sniff his beard

Comment

Originally posted by Turfman81 View Post

The bearded wonder is the man for the job. If your lucky, he will let you sniff his beard
                  Rumor has it, it smells like the hills of Valhalla, and the breath of Valkyries. Lol

Comment

Campsite. All you need to know.
                    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
                    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

I’ve mounted my own scopes. Something I’m missing here?

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
                        Half the fun of owning a rifle is mounting and dialing in a new scope.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
                          Maybe LIDad doesn't have the 3/4" to 1/4" square drive adapter and 500 ft/lb torque wrench required to do the job. Did you consider that, wise ass?

Comment

Years ago a buddy now deceased had Coliseum mount his. this guy was like Daniel Boone in the woods and I was astounded that he farmed out the work. Anyway, when he shouldered the rifle the scope reticle looked like the letter "X" and not a plus + sign. Get multiple recommendations !

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
                              Years ago a buddy now deceased had Coliseum mount his. this guy was like Daniel Boone in the woods and I was astounded that he farmed out the work. Anyway, when he shouldered the rifle the scope reticle looked like the letter "X" and not a plus + sign. Get multiple recommendations !
                              I'd put money on it the scope went bad. No one is that bad.
                              NRA Life member

Comment

Working...
                              X