No announcement yet.

Vortex 1-10x LPVO to be announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a 34mm tube with first focal plane reticle. It's a competitor to the Nightforce ATACR. It his a slightly higher magnification (ATACR is 1-8x FFP) with a better reticle which includes preset dope and ranging capabilities. If it's daylight bright as the nightforce it's gonna be a winner. Competition shooters have enjoyed the NX8 (which is 1-8x with a 30mm tube).

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
      It's a 34mm tube with first focal plane reticle. It's a competitor to the Nightforce ATACR. It his a slightly higher magnification (ATACR is 1-8x FFP) with a better reticle which includes preset dope and ranging capabilities. If it's daylight bright as the nightforce it's gonna be a winner. Competition shooters have enjoyed the NX8 (which is 1-8x with a 30mm tube).
      It won’t be. The nightforce is a 3mm exit pupil the vortex is 2.4 mm. No matter how good the optic is, you still can’t change the human eyeball
      The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post

It won’t be. The nightforce is a 3mm exit pupil the vortex is 2.4 mm. No matter how good the optic is, you still can’t change the human eyeball
        I’ll see how the reviews are in the wild and competition.

the competition shooters will weed it out if it’s not doing well in the 3 gun.

Comment

I’ll see how the reviews are in the wild and competition.

the competition shooters will weed it out if it’s not doing well in the 3 gun.
          I don’t think anyone would use that small an exit pupil for competition. It’s guaranteed to cost you time
          The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

I don’t think anyone would use that small an exit pupil for competition. It’s guaranteed to cost you time
            Are you assuming everyone is gonna use it at 10x all the time?

like I said. I’ll see what the reviews are. The vortex razor II was used a lot on the Comp circuit. I don’t see why hey would stray from the market

Comment

Are you assuming everyone is gonna use it at 10x all the time?

like I said. I’ll see what the reviews are. The vortex razor II was used a lot on the Comp circuit. I don’t see why hey would stray from the market
              no but when they do use 10x, it’s going to slow them down. To the point that they are better off using lower magnification or a scope with higher objective lens to handle 10x

The razor II being used have a better 4mm exit pupil on its highest setting

Comment

Someone help me see the value here. I don’t see it
                1-10x
                FFP
                34mm Tube

this will be a great optic on a 16in 308 based semi and effective from 25yd to greater than 600yd

Comment

Working...
                X