Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Recommend Someone to Zero-in a Leupold DPP..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Recommend Someone to Zero-in a Leupold DPP..

G’Afternoon folks, if anyone can lead this red-dot noob to someone that can zero-in my newly purchased DPP-it would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great weekend everyone.

what is it mounted on , have you tries a lazer marker/pointer and aligned the dot ??

Comment

Hi Welcome to the forum

when you say you need someone to zero it, you mean take your rifle to the range and zero it for you?

first advice with any new optic is to read the instructions cover to cover.

Comment

Learning how how to zero your sights is an important step. What is it mounted on, and how far off are you? Where have you been shooting it to zero?
        "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
        Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
        Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post
          what is it mounted on , have you tries a lazer marker/pointer and aligned the dot ??
          My apologies, folks for leaving that important info..it’s on my Glock G45, no I have not.
          Last edited by PatBarok; 06-26-2020, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Where are you hitting relative to the dot? There are two screws, one on top and one on the side. They are marked Up (on top) and Right (on the side). If you need to move the impact right, turn in the direction of the arrow, or the other way to go left. Same for up/down.

Is that what you are having trouble with? It should be easy for you to adjust while at the range. I would do the L/R at close range first, if you aren’t even on paper.

And my apologies if this is too basic and you have a problem the is more esoteric.
            "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
            Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post
              Hi Welcome to the forum

when you say you need someone to zero it, you mean take your rifle to the range and zero it for you?

first advice with any new optic is to read the instructions cover to cover.
              Thank you, sir! I have and it’s my first pistol red dot and with my luck, I’ll end up breaking it. So I figured, learn from an expert and do it right and effectively-the 1st time.

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
              Learning how how to zero your sights is an important step. What is it mounted on, and how far off are you? Where have you been shooting it to zero?
              Haven’t shot with it yet, just got it tonight.

Comment

Well, it should t be difficult to zero. Especially at pistol ranges. If you start at 5 yards you should already be on paper. Adjust the windage until centered. Then work on the elevation and increase the distance until you have it where you want it.
                Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Well, it should t be difficult to zero. Especially at pistol ranges. If you start at 5 yards you should already be on paper. Adjust the windage until centered. Then work on the elevation and increase the distance until you have it where you want it.
                  Will try that tomorrow-thank u sir!

Comment

Originally posted by PatBarok View Post

Will try that tomorrow-thank u sir!
                    What range are you going to?
                    Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

What range are you going to?
                      I go to Medford-close to me and open late, perfect for after work pew pew...

Comment

Shoot it off a rest if possible. Zeroing that should be a piece of cake.
                        NRA Life member

Comment

Working...
                        X