Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eyesight Issue and Shooting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

    I have had students who refused to switch from righty to lefty when shooting. I got less resistance doing it as an strong side/weak side drill, just getting them to shoot both ways under the legitimate idea that they could suffer an injury on the dominant side and need to fight from the weak side. After a little while, they realize they are hitting way better on the "weak" side and finally understand.
    Yes, "your other strong side" drills and quals usually help.
    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

      I have had students who refused to switch from righty to lefty when shooting. I got less resistance doing it as an strong side/weak side drill, just getting them to shoot both ways under the legitimate idea that they could suffer an injury on the dominant side and need to fight from the weak side. After a little while, they realize they are hitting way better on the "weak" side and finally understand.
      One often doesn't have to filter their skill set through acquired habits when switching to the "weak" side....hence the surprising results
      Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
        One often doesn't have to filter their skill set through acquired habits when switching to the "weak" side....hence the surprising results
        I have never tried shooting a rifle lefty. I do train with pistols lefty and even try aiming with my left eye, just in case. But I am much less accurate lefty and it still feels awkward.
        "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
        Tucker Max

        Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
        Finicky Fat Guy

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

          I have never tried shooting a rifle lefty. I do train with pistols lefty and even try aiming with my left eye, just in case. But I am much less accurate lefty and it still feels awkward.
          I find it challenging with pistols...rifles not so bad
          Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

          Comment

          Working...
          X