Need some German scope help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some German scope help.

I’ve come across a bunch of guns from an estate. As I was going to list one for sale today I decided I needed to get some more info in the scope that was on it. (I actually have a few but just this one for now)

The pics show all I know. Hoping somewhat some knowledge on these.

4BCC7EC6-43B8-4471-B4D6-9452602154CA.jpg 7C1C2340-3FE2-4D1B-AFD3-7A1F84103F6F.jpg 766A3D80-12ED-4007-B5E3-7DF791F952B6.jpg
    The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Ajack built excellent sniper scopes for the nazis so they've been in business for a very long time. High quality optics that are beyond my price range. As you can see it's dated by the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by sickofny View Post
      Ajack built excellent sniper scopes for the nazis so they've been in business for a very long time. High quality optics that are beyond my price range. As you can see it's dated by the manufacturer.
      From what I have found the 1961 is the serial number. Am I wrong? It's a fine crosshair model and with the focus ring on the tube it should be pre war. What I have found so far has the focus ring on the eyepiece in post war models. There seems to be some conflicting information. Here is one example I found. I doubt they were making optics in 1766.
      Last edited by OH UNCLE PAUL; 10-29-2021, 05:40 PM.
      The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Correct on the serial I thought I deleted that sentence but the site saves your mistakes for you. I don't believe it's pre-war because the turrets don't look like the earlier style which were flatter without the chamfer on top. I'm far from an expert on these but have seen a few in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by sickofny View Post
          Correct on the serial I thought I deleted that sentence but the site saves your mistakes for you. I don't believe it's pre-war because the turrets don't look like the earlier style which were flatter without the chamfer on top. I'm far from an expert on these but have seen a few in my lifetime.
          I thought 1961 was the year also when I first saw it. What about the focus ring?

Care to guess a value? It sits now on a Winchester model 70 featherweight in .30-06 made in 1955 that I'm selling.

I'm wondering if it's better to pull it and sell separately.
          Last edited by OH UNCLE PAUL; 10-29-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't break up the set they belong together. Odds are the scope matches the rifle in age. Ajack scopes were imported into the US from before WWI until WWII then from after the war until about the mid 60's but were passed by more modern designs that were cheaper. The quality of the lenses were hard to beat though. From what I remember the focus in front of the ocular bell never really changed. At some point in the 50's they added a horizontal adjustment eliminating the need for an adjustable mount. Pre-war and wartime built scopes were post reticles crosshairs came later.

Comment

German Sniper scopes were “mostly” 4x90 power. And they had a center post and horizontal bar. No fine crosshairs.
              In any event they made great scopes and if it’s period to the rifle is super cool. I do believe you are correct the 1961 is the SN and not year of production.
              If you really want more info I can send to some guys but it’s not worth a ton either way other than historical info. Very nice scope

Comment

I have a 1960 weatherby mark V with matching scope and I have to tell you the period and correct scope was the only reason I bought the rifle

Comment

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post
                  I have a 1960 weatherby mark V with matching scope and I have to tell you the period and correct scope was the only reason I bought the rifle
                  Got a Weatherby Vanguard in .25-06 with a 3x9 Burris serial number V47839 coming up for sale. Is there anyway you can help me with a fair price point?

Rrudo74901
                  Last edited by OH UNCLE PAUL; 10-29-2021, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Rrudo74901
                    Rrudo74901 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Let me ask a. Few guys. Non wartime scopes do not command a high price in general and it’s more nostalgic. I will ask for you

• OH UNCLE PAUL
                    OH UNCLE PAUL commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's for the whole package, rifle and all.

• Rrudo74901
                    Rrudo74901 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    PM me pics. I’m a sucker for old rifles so you know where it might end up. But non military scopes
                    Don’t add a lot of value in general

Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post

I thought 1961 was the year also when I first saw it. What about the focus ring?

Care to guess a value? It sits now on a Winchester model 70 featherweight in .30-06 made in 1955 that I'm selling.

I'm wondering if it's better to pull it and sell separately.
                  I have a 1959 model 70, 30-06 featherweight dont shoot it much much but its a beauty

Comment

Working...
                  X