Vintage scope repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage scope repair?

Does anyone have a vintage scope repair guy they have used and trust?

Rone has had a .222 woodchuck gun he has had since the 60’s. It had a Bausch and Lomb 6-24 (BAL-var) externally adjusted Scope on it.

this rifle is part of both of our youths. It was the first center fire rifle I ever shot.

part of it broke. Basically a shim that keeps the scope centered in the front mount.

does anyone have a repair guy they trust? We have the plastic piece that fell out.

pic of rifle and rone for attention. This is the day the scope broke and part of my childhood withered.
    Attached Files
    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Nobody to personally recommend, but after a quick googling of your model mentioned, found references to Bushnell repairing B&L scopes with mixed reviews. But one thread mentioned this place....

https://targetshooteroptics.com/

Comment

I can't recommend anyone but want to say that is a different and very cool looking rig, both rifle and scope.
      "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
      Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
      Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

I have an unertl screwed up. Only one guy in the country out west fixes them
      FastPhil
      Buck You
      Last edited by FastPhil; 01-04-2022, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Don't have a scope guy, but if it's a matter of replicating a piece I can fire up the 3d printer or the milling machine.

Comment

Try contacting ironsightinc.com. The specialize in old steel Weaver, Redfield and Leatherwood scope repair. If they can't help they may be able to direct you to someone who can.

Comment

there is a guy who goes to the port jefferson gun show who supposedly has a shop here on li that repairs old scopes .... i will get you his number if he is there ... but i think its in april ..

Comment

Originally posted by sickofny View Post
              Try contacting ironsightinc.com. The specialize in old steel Weaver, Redfield and Leatherwood scope repair. If they can't help they may be able to direct you to someone who can.
              Seems they've worked on this type of scope before:

https://ironsightinc.com/index.php?r...formation_id=6

Other Scopes

PRICES BELOW ARE EFFECTIVE 2/1/2013

Any external adjustment scope clean and service is $105 plus any needed parts (crosswire reticles are $15)

Any internal adjustment scope clean and service is $95 plus any needed parts (see reticle price above)

Clean and Service M84 - $110

Scopes we have worked on include; Unertl, Lyman,Fecker, Litchert, Pecar, Nickel, Zeiss, Kahles, Hensoldt, Russian PU’s, Meopta, Belding & Mull and Balvar24. Call about others not listed.

Scopes we will NOT work on include; Balvar8, Balvar8A and 8B, Simmons, Tasco, Bushnell, NC Star, Target Star, BEC, BSA, Nikko Sterling, Weatherby and Realist.

Clean and service includes disassembly, clean and reassembly – relamination of lenses if needed, replacing sealing components if needed, function check and purging with nitrogen. Needed parts will be discussed with owners before proceeding.
              Steve

Comment

https://www.vintagegunscopes.com/
                was told to check out these guys

Comment

Working...
                X