Hevi Shot ammo- Recall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hevi Shot ammo- Recall

Just a heads up. Was out hunting this morning and was using either Hevi Shot 3' #2s or BB's had a Squib and was was stuck mid barrel. Heard the squib so I did not go for another shot thankfully! Came home and researched it and Hevi Shot ammo made prior to a certain date is under recall and will be replaced. Seems it can't take below freezing temps, ( meanwhile its waterfowl ammo) 🙄.

See link below to get replacement.
    https://www.hevishot.com/media/Lette...s_11-20-14.pdf

Were u able to clear it in the field?
    Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Yea with a decoy stake! Lol

Comment

Hahaha,
        A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

That is some old ammo you have there. The recall was 3 years ago I think. The plastic used in the wads was defective and it shatters in the cold and gets lodged in the barrel

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
            That is some old ammo you have there. The recall was 3 years ago I think. The plastic used in the wads was defective and it shatters in the cold and gets lodged in the barrel
            Exactly what happened. Sounded like a bottle rocket. I got a lot of waterfowl ammo and I grab whatever is laying around so some of its been around a while. I guess the 7 degree temp didn't help. I can't believe I never came across this recall info before today.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post

Exactly what happened. Sounded like a bottle rocket. I got a lot of waterfowl ammo and I grab whatever is laying around so some of its been around a while. I guess the 7 degree temp didn't help. I can't believe I never came across this recall info before today.
              They really did a shit job on getting the information out there. They will give you new shells in exchange.
              It's a good thing you know what you're doing and knew to not shoot again or it could have gotten ugly fast.
              Last edited by Yaphank Kid; 01-07-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I think I have a box of those in the stash. I'll make sure to watch the thermometer if I use them. Thanks for the heads up.
                "Appetites for gun collecting are often whetted by mechanical ingenuity, artistic features, or historical associations." - Norm Flayderman

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
                  Damn knowledgeable are you sir. Good thing the Op did not attempt a follow up shot.
                  Last edited by ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO; 01-08-2018, 02:05 AM.
                  A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

Working...
                  X