• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post

Kinda like mine but in 24”
    Lss or the xl?

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post
      Can someone give me an idea of what I should be doing for this. I was thinking 5 different charge weights at 5 rounds a piece. Hand measured for consistency. Than I'll get to making a full supply of whatever performs the best.
      also, would there be a benefit of doing the ladder test at 200 yrds instead of 100 or should I just stick to 100, regardless of the standard expect range for this load?
      Hunting load?

Comment

Can someone give me an idea of what I should be doing for this. I was thinking 5 different charge weights at 5 rounds a piece. Hand measured for consistency. Than I'll get to making a full supply of whatever performs the best.
        also, would there be a benefit of doing the ladder test at 200 yrds instead of 100 or should I just stick to 100, regardless of the standard expect range for this load?
        If you are running an actual ladder test you can’t do it at 100. You can barely do it at 200, but it can be made to work. 300 is better.

I just load in .2 or .3 grain increments and start shooting at the same target. In general you’ll have a couple of loads impact in the same area. If those are adjacent loads that is where you want to be. I’ve found my ladders come in with similar results to other load development techniques.

That 180 game king is a hunting bullet. Ladder tests are normally for long range bullets. I load my hunting stuff as fast as I can get it and still shoot as opposed to as precise as I can load it. M

I never FL size new brass.

Comment

This link shows a ladder test with varget at 200 yards in a 308 and with a 175 smk. So it’s close to what you are looking to do https://rifleshooter.com/2015/02/308...-and-imr-4064/

Comment

Lss or the xl?
            LSS-XL

Comment

Mine loves 175gr smk hpbt and 45.2 grains of varget.

Comment

Working...
              X