Ammo that got washed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo that got washed

Periodically I find a round or 2 that have been put through the wash for one reason or other and over time I collected a half dozen of mixed factory and reloads. Recently I took them to the range ..just to see if they would fire. They all fired.... Now I'm not recommending you wash your ammunition ..... just passing along some anecdotal information I thought was cool.

It is cool
    let's make america great again

Comment

does washing them make them untraceable ?

Comment

Originally posted by crashguy View Post
        Periodically I find a round or 2 that have been put through the wash for one reason or other and over time I collected a half dozen of mixed factory and reloads. Recently I took them to the range ..just to see if they would fire. They all fired.... Now I'm not recommending you wash your ammunition ..... just passing along some anecdotal information I thought was cool.
        Sounds like a clean shoot to me.

Comment

Does your gun stay cleaner?

Comment

image.jpeg
            There are two types of people in this world. People that think the Goverment is looking out for their best interest and people that just think !

Comment

And look at all the trouble we go through to keep our ammo in o-ring sealed cans with desiccant packs, lol.

Comment

Washing your pants is overrated. Problem solved.

Comment

Shake the round. If you can hear the powder inside the round should be ok. I would probable pull them and use components.

Comment

Originally posted by angelonm View Post
                    Shake the round. If you can hear the powder inside the round should be ok. I would probable pull them and use components.
                    Judt remember, if you shake it more than 3 times...well, you know the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Pitbull428 View Post
                      Washing your pants is overrated. Problem solved.
                      There are some that say , pants are over rated

Comment

Originally posted by crashguy View Post
                        I would have thought you would have known that LOL

Comment

Any truth to the rumor that trying to clean up old ammo with something like WD-40 could render the primers or powder less than fully operational. thought I read this somewhere about water displacing agents or penetrents like Kroil.

Comment

Working...
                          X