Reloading 9mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading 9mm

Starting to get ready to re-load 9mm Luger and want to know what you all think the best powder, primers and bullets are. I know this is like the "blonde vs brunette" question, but I figured I would tally up the responses!

Thanks!!!
    NRA Member, NYSRPA Member
    NY, NH, PA, Utah, Florida, Connecticut CCW

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

I've been using Titegroup for everything. Primers I use what I have on hand which is CCI and Winchester. Bullets I use a few Ibeji, Black and Blue, SNS, ACME, and Extreme mostly. BnB and ACME seem to work best with Extreme being the worst.

Comment

I use titegroup with xtreme's 124gr heads. For primers cci and Winchester.
      III%

Comment

Tite group, hs6, hp38, autocomp

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post
          Tite group, hs6, hp38, autocomp
          Mcfly, what primers and heads??
          NRA Member, NYSRPA Member
          NY, NH, PA, Utah, Florida, Connecticut CCW

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Not to hijack, but are you guys reloading 9mm to get a better load, or to save money? With factory ammo selling for as low as 18.5 to 20 cents/round shipped is really economical?
            Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

I used titegroup and power pistol with CCI primers and Berry's 115 gr round nose. When I get a gun that shoots 9mm I'll post how they workout

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo View Post

Mcfly, what primers and heads??
                115gn ibeji and cci

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post
                  Not to hijack, but are you guys reloading 9mm to get a better load, or to save money? With factory ammo selling for as low as 18.5 to 20 cents/round shipped is really economical?
                  For myself it's mostly to make soft shooting 147 or 124 minor power factor ammo for shooting matches. I have some 165 grain 9mm to try also. I will crank out 115 or 124 for just practice on occasion. I shoot with people who shoot 9 major and those can't be readily bought, and you want to tune the loads for the gun. So it's really not to save money.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowTime View Post

For myself it's mostly to make soft shooting 147 or 124 minor power factor ammo for shooting matches. I have some 165 grain 9mm to try also. I will crank out 115 or 124 for just practice on occasion. I shoot with people who shoot 9 major and those can't be readily bought, and you want to tune the loads for the gun. So it's really not to save money.
                    I've created a situation where I am going to need to load lots of minor 9mm for a glock 34. What head profile are you using for the 124gn-165gn heads?

Comment

I can't dig out the 165 right now but what I have were round nose if I recall.

These are left to right. 124, 124 and 147
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                      X