9mm ammo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justice View Post
    What outstanding insightful info from all ..as a new member trying to " understand "
    the best way to approach ammo purchase this thread was very helpful. ..
    Contrary to rumor, we're usually pretty good like that.

Usually.
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post

Hi Rob,

How does the Speer 147 compare to the Syntech and Fenix? I've been using Speer 147 for the past year but haven't tried the other 2 yet. Any noticeable difference?
      The Syntec 150 shoots softer than the Speer 147.

Comment

Hi Rob,

How does the Speer 147 compare to the Syntech and Fenix? I've been using Speer 147 for the past year but haven't tried the other 2 yet. Any noticeable difference?
        Softer impulse from the syntech 150gr. and fenix 147gr. vs. the speer 147 stuff. Its not a tremendous difference like going from a 115 or 124 to a 147, but its enough to notice. The lawman also shoots softer than the standard American Eagle 147gr. ammo too. I wouldn't be upset if I had to run the lawman 147s in comps by any means.
        -Rob
        NRA CRSO
        NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
        NRA Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

Affiliated with:
        MDTS training
        www.MDTStraining.com
        &
        Fortress Consulting Group LLC.
        www.fortressedge.net

https://www.instagram.com/robepifania/

Comment

Fiocchi is my favorite for practice.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOmestyle View Post

Softer impulse from the syntech 150gr. and fenix 147gr. vs. the speer 147 stuff. Its not a tremendous difference like going from a 115 or 124 to a 147, but its enough to notice. The lawman also shoots softer than the standard American Eagle 147gr. ammo too. I wouldn't be upset if I had to run the lawman 147s in comps by any means.
            Thanks. I'm loving the Lawman 147gr but I'll try some Syntech 150gr the next time Target Sports has it in stock.

Comment

Thanks. I'm loving the Lawman 147gr but I'll try some Syntech 150gr the next time Target Sports has it in stock.
              It's come down in price too for prime members at least. Last I checked it was $220ish per case, which is really not anymore than the lawman. Just a matter of getting it once it comes in lol
              -Rob
              NRA CRSO
              NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
              NRA Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

Affiliated with:
              MDTS training
              www.MDTStraining.com
              &
              Fortress Consulting Group LLC.
              www.fortressedge.net

https://www.instagram.com/robepifania/

Comment

Originally posted by SHOmestyle View Post

It's come down in price too for prime members at least. Last I checked it was $220ish per case, which is really not anymore than the lawman. Just a matter of getting it once it comes in lol
                Yup. I just added my email to the "notify" list. About the same price as the Lawman.

Comment

Originally posted by Justice View Post
                  What outstanding insightful info from all ..as a new member trying to " understand "
                  the best way to approach ammo purchase this thread was very helpful. ..
                  Another tip to anyone just getting into shooting, save your brass. You already paid for it. If you ever get into reloading you'll save a lot with what you already have on hand, and if you don't you have something to sell or trade with.

Comment

I have to correct my earlier statement regarding Fiocchi, this last batch didn't flash at all. They definitely changed something.

Comment

I bought 500 rounds of the Lawman 147 and I can't get that ammo to group for shit. I know you've had good results with it, but I did side-by-side with the 124 grain and it was night and day.

Comment

Working...
                      X