No announcement yet.

Tumblers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I squirt some Nu finish liquid car wax into media seems to work good.

Comment

dry media tumblers , corn cob, walnut shells , add a small amount of lacquer thinner , keeps the dust down, slicks up the brass
      got really old , picked up outdoor range brass ? fill the tumbler with fine play sand or blasting sand
      good price on walnut shell ? most of the box home stores sell Agra grit , walnut shell blasting media
      High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Anyone using an Ultrasonic cleaner? No media to deal with, can also be used to clean gun parts. Sounds like a win-win. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by M1ke View Post
          Anyone using an Ultrasonic cleaner? No media to deal with, can also be used to clean gun parts. Sounds like a win-win. What am I missing?
          The need to dry the brass after. Not a big deal but you did ask.
          NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post

The need to dry the brass after. Not a big deal but you did ask.
            LOL, yes I certainly did. Same issue with wet tumbling too.

Comment

the choice of case cleaning machine and method depends on how many pistol or rifle case you clean in 1 session ,
              the larger vibratory case cleaners can do 1200 or so large pistol or 500 large rifle per hour
              a good re loading machine and careful operator should allow for 350 pistol / 200 large rifle rounds per hour
              long\long ago, on a range far away , adults responsible for feeding the rifles of a jr hp team used a 3.5 cu ft elect. cement mixer and fine sand to clean spent brass
              toss in 2 full to the top 5 gal buckets of 223 brass, appox 7000 case, ,,,clean and brite in 1 hour , then it was learned you could send the spend brass off
              to River Valley Ord. for a trim, polish, size, re prime at .04 cent each ,
              High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                the choice of case cleaning machine and method depends on how many pistol or rifle case you clean in 1 session ,
                the larger vibratory case cleaners can do 1200 or so large pistol or 500 large rifle per hour
                a good re loading machine and careful operator should allow for 350 pistol / 200 large rifle rounds per hour
                long\long ago, on a range far away , adults responsible for feeding the rifles of a jr hp team used a 3.5 cu ft elect. cement mixer and fine sand to clean spent brass
                toss in 2 full to the top 5 gal buckets of 223 brass, appox 7000 case, ,,,clean and brite in 1 hour , then it was learned you could send the spend brass off
                to River Valley Ord. for a trim, polish, size, re prime at .04 cent each ,
                Jerry M uses the cement mixer , its in one of his videos "GUYS"
                i like the water unit cleaner less noise and during the summer just lay out the brass and let the sun do its work . and no stuff stuck in the primer holes

Comment

Working...
                X