+1000 to Hornady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1000 to Hornady

I recently picked up a second Hornandy LNL AP press from a member here for a ridiculously low price. After I cleaned it up I went to load some 45acp. I was all psyched about having a case feeder & seemed to have everything dialed in. When the first piece of brass got to the bullet seating station (#4) it was too far advanced & hit the side of the die. I thought no problem I'll just adjust the pawls a tad to center it. Took all of 3 minutes & back in business. Wrong! Now station one wasn't advanced far enough & hit the side of the sizing die. I'm pretty familiar with this press but this had me baffled. I pulled all the dies & raised the ram all the way up. As i looked straight down over the press at the stations, I could see that shellplate was misaligned the the die stations. There was no way to have stations one & four centered on the shellplate. The only thing I could think of is that it was misbored at the factory. I called Hornady & described the problem. The gentleman stated that this press was made back in the 90's from the serial #. I informed him that I was not the original owner but the press was in mint shape. He sent me a prepaid label to send it in for an inspection. I packed up the bare press & 2 weeks later I received a brand new press with the original serial # tag just placed in a different spot. I could tell that this was not the press I sent in by the casting was different. I'd call that some damn good service! Thank you Hornady. I made the first batch of 45acp on it yesterday without a hitch. Now I've got one setup for large pistol primers & one for small pistol primers.

This post is not to dis the seller of the press in any way as the case feeder & extras I got exceeded the value of what I paid even without the press.
    NRA Life member
Working...
X