No announcement yet.

Good range ammo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest brass at great value. NEVER had any issues with this stuff. Check out SGAmmo.com at $159.80 for 115 gr 1K rounds. Sellier & Bellot is just a little more at $163.80

https://www.sgammo.com/product/geco/1000-round-case-9mm-luger-115-grain-fmj-brass-case-ammo-geco-made-hungary

Comment

I too have been a fan of the Fiocchi. The 124gr truncated cone ammo is the most accurate 9mm round I've ever shot but for some reason, all Fiocchi ammo is sold out in a lot of places. My other go-to's are Sellier & Bellot, GECO and MagTech. All reasonably priced and shoot well. Have also tried the Fenix and it's generally good stuff, but it is reman ammo and I did have one batch where a 9mm Makarov case must have snuck in to their loading process and that round jammed my 1911 REALLY bad.. I know Rob goes through 10's of thousands of rounds of their stuff and really likes it, I may just have had bad luck. For my trouble, Fenix did offer me a nice discount on a future order.

Comment

Hey, just a reminder about some tools available to us: gunbot.net and ammoseek.com are both great resources.
        "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
        Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
        Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Good range ammo for Virginia: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nerf-N-St...hoCMr4QAvD_BwE

Comment

I use CCI blazer. It’s cheap enough.
            NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
            NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
            Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

I generally stay with the common stuff you find locally (Remington, Winchester, S&B, Fiocchi, Aguilla, Blazer, Magtech), decent enough for punching holes in paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
                Hey, just a reminder about some tools available to us: gunbot.net and ammoseek.com are both great resources.
                and wikiarms.com click on the ammo heading
                "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." –Thomas B. Reed (1886)

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post

and wikiarms.com click on the ammo heading
                  I knew there was something I was forgetting. :-)
                  "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                  Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                  Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Frankenstein View Post

If a place saves me approx $30, yeah I'm going to use them as much as possible. But of course I have checked out and used other places including the links Im getting from this thread.
                    Would still like to know where the OP is/was saving $30 a case.
                    Steve

Comment

I've been shooting Geco the last few months and have been happy. Has been fairly clean so far as well.

Comment

Whatever ball ammo Target Sports has on special has always worked just fine for me. S&B, Federal, CCI Blazer, etc.

Comment

I've used more than I care to recall. Only issues I've had was with a batch of Fiocchi 45acp about 20 years ago. It was a known issue and they replaced. Never an issue with them after that.

A 1-2% out of spec Winchester white box 45, those would not fit in a chamber gauge.

Summit has been crap for me, never again.

Best bargain these days seem to be on GECO, just ordered a case of 380 from Target Sports for $9.49 a box. Found some 32acp for a little more not too long ago. Their 9mm is on the hot side when fired through the chrono, so it's nice if you have a finicky firearm. I've been shooting this stuff for years without issue.

Comment

Working...
                          X