Federal Has New 1300 fps Clay Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal Has New 1300 fps Clay Round

100fps faster than what I've been using.

Federal Ammunition Expands Its Top Gun Product Line with Two New Higher Velocity Options

For decades, Top Gun loads have been pulverizing even the most challenging clay targets.

New for 2020, two higher velocity (1,300 feet-per-second) loads have been added to the Top Gun product line.

These are 1-ounce, 12-gauge, 2 ¾-inch loads in shot size 7.5 or 8. Shipments of this product have begun to arrive at dealers.

Now shooters can get that same trusted performance with Top Gun loads specifically designed for great performance in all applications of clay target shooting. They push their payloads fast to shorten leads yet reduce felt recoil to allow for quicker follow-up shots.

Features & Benefits
    • New 1-ounce 12-gauge, 2 ¾-inch offerings
    • Loads designed specifically for clays shooters
    • High velocities at 1,300 fps, and less felt recoil
    • Hard, quality pellets for breaking more clays
    • Consistent, reliable Federalprimer
    • Unique wad column produces consistent patterns
    Part No. / Description / MSRP
    TGSH12 7.5 / 12 gauge 2 3/4 inch, 1 ounce, 1,300 fps, 7.5, 25-count / $9.99
    TGSH12 8 / 12 gauge 2 3/4 inch 1 ounce, 1,300 fps, 8, 25-count / $9.99

For decades, Top Gun loads have been pulverizing even the most challenging clay targets. New for 2020, two higher velocity (1,300 feet-per-second) loads have been added to the Top Gun product line.…

OK, how do you increase velocity by 100 fps, and reduce felt recoil? Newton's third law?
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
      OK, how do you increase velocity by 100 fps, and reduce felt recoil? Newton's third law?
      I'm not as much worried about the recoil, as I usually miss by about 100fps..........

Comment

1oz loads at 1290 fps have been around for years. It's what I normally shoot for all manner of clays. So Federal coming out with one at 1300fps isn't so revolutionary.

They're 1oz loads. Compared to the standard 1 1/8 oz loads at 1200fps, there is less felt recoil. That's why I shoot the 1oz loads at 1290fps. Plus, the extra speed means just a little less lead needed on a distant crossing target.
        Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
        Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

$10 a box to shoot clays. I’ll pass

Comment

Originally posted by Postal Bob View Post
            1oz loads at 1290 fps have been around for years. It's what I normally shoot for all manner of clays. So Federal coming out with one at 1300fps isn't so revolutionary.

They're 1oz loads. Compared to the standard 1 1/8 oz loads at 1200fps, there is less felt recoil. That's why I shoot the 1oz loads at 1290fps. Plus, the extra speed means just a little less lead needed on a distant crossing target.
            Makes sense.
            Steve

Comment

Powder has a longer burn rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

Powder has a longer burn rate.
                Mike...IS the 1200fps limit still in effect at Suffolk?

Not that anyone pays any attention to it

Comment

100fps is about a 2" difference in lead at 22 yd crossing skeet targets travelling at 46-48 mph. The difference that you will see is in your bank account. $9.99/ box as compared to $5.99/ box for 1200fps.
                  Trap targets travel at 42mph so no big change there either.

If anyone is missing targets by only 2" they need to come see me for a lesson. If they are missing by more than 2" they need to come see me for alot of lessons. 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Mike...IS the 1200fps limit still in effect at Suffolk?

Not that anyone pays any attention to it
                    No, they sell 1290 and 1300fps shells there. The shot size limit to 7.5, 8 and 9 is more important than speed.

Comment

No, they sell 1290 and 1300fps shells there. The shot size limit to 7.5, 8 and 9 is more important than speed.
                      As I remember from years ago it was no loads over 3drams and only 71/2 8s or 9... Maybe that went out the window when Mark took over

Comment

PERFECT!!
                        This is exactly what I need to miss birds little faster!
                        NRA Patron Life Member
                        Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
                        NRA RSO

Comment

Why is it I always find some empty 3" # 2 or 4 shot shells on the course? That place needs a RO in the worst way IMO.
                          NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post

Why is it I always find some empty 3" # 2 or 4 shot shells on the course? That place needs a RO in the worst way IMO.
                            Those are the ones I get hit in the face with when guys use them on Sporting Clays ,shooting Express Magnum,, think it’s going to give them a edge over the next guy.........until the next guy knows how to shoot and show up with a 410 and never misses.......

Comment

So Mike if you have a minute can you explain what size shot is better for what conditions or game?

Comment

Working...
                              X