Cool ammo found in my gun room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool ammo found in my gun room

I spent a couple hours going through my ammo in my vault tonight and found some cool stuff. First was some 20 gauge shells. They appear to be paper hulled slugs branded as Sears ammo. It is obviously old but I have no idea how old it is. I think it has no collector value since there is no box. Unless anyone thinks differently, I may just shoot it. I also have a few all plastic shells. The ink is smudged but I think the brand is called Activ. Same deal..
    0CE23730-9D44-4255-9FC2-5B5FE54326A5.jpeg 380CB2C8-569E-4DE9-BA9D-509FEF7927D0.jpeg 0B1F70ED-CF75-4593-9CF2-397CDCFB9A38.jpeg

Next is Hornady Zombie ammo. This is in 7.62x39mm. I wonder if it works.

CE7D8EAF-F358-44CD-A4FB-372A619301E2.jpeg

Next is some Remington 9mm+P+ that was made for an agency and then found to be too hot for handguns.

D16C2E0A-DA9C-4CCB-A23C-4C56A8F1E0C1.jpeg

This is Hornady Vector. They are like tracer rounds but I don’t believe they are incendiary. I have no idea if they work. They have to be at least 25 years old.

22F0BE4B-A60B-4F8E-8247-A100EFF2AF36.jpeg

Speaking of old, this is 303 British with headstamps of 1918. It is in a machine gun belt. I wouldn’t be surprised if this 102 year old ammo fired just fine.

C55F0BC3-5B89-4455-A9E3-4E583EF40B79.jpeg 29585344-933B-43DB-AF38-D2D3F1D65D40.jpeg
    Attached Files

I remember rone shooting activ 12 ga in the late 80’s.
    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
      Did he wear a Members Only trap/skeet jacket with Capezio shoes?
      panem et circenses

Comment

That +P+ in red looks pretty cool.

I'd keep the paper shells. You won't find anything like that anymore.

Comment

The Sears rounds are worth about a buck apiece at a gun show. Cool relics.
          Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Current production 20g slugs are a buck apiece. So they have no collector value.

Comment

Antiques.
              Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                I used to buy them at Edelman's, for like $4.99 a box.. I still have a 5-gallon bucket of hulls that might get reloaded some day.

Comment

The +p+ are pretty cool I have a couple boxes of Wincher Ranger +p+ In 9mm I gave a box of 38 +p+ to my BIL ,he said he almost broke his thumb shooting the first round it was so hot. I carry them in a pocket 38 instead of buying a 357. Yard

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post
                    That +P+ in red looks pretty cool.

I'd keep the paper shells. You won't find anything like that anymore.
                    Really?
                    Federal paper.PNG
                    NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by Pat M View Post

I used to buy them at Edelman's, for like $4.99 a box.. I still have a 5-gallon bucket of hulls that might get reloaded some day.
                      They were a very popular shell for reloading hunting loads as they had more space than other brands.
                      NRA Life member

Comment

Not sure how or where I got this - maybe from my dad when he moved south. Anyway I have a box with a couple of shells - no idea on age. 12 gauge, paper hull, Olympic made in Poland
                        Attached Files
                        panem et circenses

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
                          Cool! They look a lot different though. Why do people buy modern paper shells?

Comment

Working...
                          X