Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

223 Wylde, 5.56 NATO and 223 Remington- Make sticky????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

223 Wylde, 5.56 NATO and 223 Remington- Make sticky????

I've seen A LOT of misinformation about the 223 Wylde. This shows some dimensional differences in reamers from a few different vendors:

Here is the cliff notes version- Wylde designed his chamber for across the course Hi Power rifle shooters (as in the NRA and CMP sport). They'll often run 80 grain SMKs at the 600 yard line. This chamber will work for those.

So, if I stick a NATO milsurp in it will it go bang or BOOM!?
    SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Russian View Post
      So, if I stick a NATO milsurp in it will it go bang or BOOM!?
      Why don't you look at the drawing and tell me what you can conclude from it?

Comment

Wylde seems 'roomy'. Lots of case expansion if I'm reading it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Matt View Post
          Wylde seems 'roomy'. Lots of case expansion if I'm reading it right.
          In which dimension do you see that?

Comment

C,D,E,F are all greater than the 5.56 dimensions. Like I said, if I'm reading it right. If I'm reading it wrong, I'll get educated.

Comment

C,D,E,F are all greater than the 5.56 dimensions. Like I said, if I'm reading it right. If I'm reading it wrong, I'll get educated.

Good observation. Those are all .001-.002", so yes, bigger, but I wouldn't say "lots of room". Some chamber specs have lots of room, like 9mm head space has a huge tolerance, this is still not too shabby.

Comment

Wylde was intended for easier feed and extraction but still maintaining tight tolerances in the throat for reasonable accuracy. I think. Anyway, my accuracy, or lack thereof, is not dependent on the chamber. Good info though. Thanks.

Comment

Wylde was intended for easier feed and extraction but still maintaining tight tolerances in the throat for reasonable accuracy. I think. Anyway, my accuracy, or lack thereof, is not dependent on the chamber. Good info though. Thanks.
                  Which of those chambers would a 80 grain smk fit in? That's why wylde made the wylde.

Comment

Working...
                  X