Armor Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post

I'm looking at the pads for the backpacks now. Just wonder if they're really effective at all.
    Do the research and decide. Level IIIA is rated for handgun calibers. I figure having it is more effective than not having it. I hope to never find out.

Comment

Offer ends at 5pmEST today...

Comment

For those looking to add a little protection for their kids, this is a great backpack panel

https://www.botach.com/battle-steel-...r-packs-cases/

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
          For those looking to add a little protection for their kids, this is a great backpack panel

https://www.botach.com/battle-steel-...r-packs-cases/
          Thanks. This may be a more viable option than an 8lb steel panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

I've heard people talk about kids before, as terrifying as it is that we even need to think along those lines and as unlikely as it is it would ever be necessary, that would top my list of good reasons. Thanks for adding that point.
            The mini-gulags that grade schools are today, if there were to be a real active shooter in or near the school I very much doubt your kid would be allowed to take their backpack with them into the hallway or under their desk or where the brilliant Board Of Ed minds say the safest place to cower is.

If your kid makes a stink "Daddy said if this happens to hold my backpack in front of me like this!" that invites inspection of the bag and when the pad is found, guess who's getting a PD and/or CPS visit?

(NOT that I'm saying it isn't a good idea however)
            I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
            I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

The mini-gulags that grade schools are today, if there were to be a real active shooter in or near the school I very much doubt your kid would be allowed to take their backpack with them into the hallway or under their desk or where the brilliant Board Of Ed minds say the safest place to cower is.

If your kid makes a stink "Daddy said if this happens to hold my backpack in front of me like this!" that invites inspection of the bag and when the pad is found, guess who's getting a PD and/or CPS visit?

(NOT that I'm saying it isn't a good idea however)
              True. But this is not according to BOE, it is Feds guideline. Nothing is taken. Because if one kid sees "Timmy" getting his back, he or she will want to take his/hers bag, toy, favorite plant, hampster...

Plus PD responders will love nothing more then seeing bunch of kids are running toward them with backpacks...

Comment

And like said before soft armor won't stop a rifle round. Plate armor is too heavy for most kids.
                I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post

Thanks. This may be a more viable option than an 8lb steel panel.
                  For older kids, it looks great. For younger kids, it won't fit in their backpacks, it would make them too stiff for them to use it easily, and it could be dangerous if they were to fall. Also, elementary teachers go in their students' backpacks a lot, and they are stored in cubbies most of the time.

To be clear, I think all kids should have something like this, but given our society, I'm not sure this is the best for little kids.

Comment

Working...
                  X