Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mossberg 930!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Mossberg 930!

    Mossberg 930 xs (ghost ring sights) $619!

    http://palmettostatearmory.com/mossb...hot-85374.html

    #2
    That's a no go in the state of No York

    Comment


      #3
      I believe only mag fed pistol grip shotguns are a no go, such as the Saiga 12.

      Comment


        #4
        Isn't it 7+1 in a semi shotgun? I'm confused with this bullcrap.

        Comment


        • ChiefSailer
          ChiefSailer commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm confused also. But I believe you are correct.

        #5
        That is a great deal I've been very happy with my 930

        Comment


          #6
          I saw that last week and was told by members on the other site it's a no go in NY. I also assumed with no mag it was ok
          Last edited by FastPhil; 05-03-2016, 04:37 PM.

          Comment


            #7
            The model without the pistol grip is good for 7. I believe it's the pistol grip version that is a no go.

            Comment


              #8
              Pistol grip on any semi auto shotgun is a no go now. And the mag/tube limit is 7+1
              All aboard the Trump train............................................. ....

              Comment


                #9
                Ummm... I just bought one a couple of months ago

                http://www.dark-storm.com/mossberg-9...l-grip-71.html
                Last edited by FSG52570; 05-04-2016, 11:40 AM.

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by MossbergMan View Post
                  Mossberg 930 xs (ghost ring sights) $619!

                  http://palmettostatearmory.com/mossb...hot-85374.html
                  Pistol grip on a semi auto shotgun is fine for NY but it can only be up to 7+1 in a fixed tube magazine. The model in the URL would be non-compliant

                  Comment


                  • FSG52570
                    FSG52570 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The one in the URL is actually a 7+1... Mossberg calls them 8 shot...I just bought the same one in FDE...listed as 8 shot on the Mossberg website

                  • Pitbull428
                    Pitbull428 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    FSG52570..thank you for pointing that out.If its 7+1 then its good to go. I have a 930 that came as 4+1. I changed out the traditional butt stock with a combination one piece pistol grip and stock..and installed a tube extension so now its 6+1. I didn't go 7 because the extension would have protruded beyond the muzzle.

                  #11
                  Originally posted by Pitbull428 View Post

                  Pistol grip on a semi auto shotgun is fine for NY but it can only be up to 7+1 in a fixed tube magazine. The model in the URL would be non-compliant
                  Yep, this is one place where the SAFE act actually loosened restrictions a bit....the pistol grip on a semi auto shotgun.

                  I don't know if it was a goof on the lawmaker's part, or if it was done for "handicapped" hunters who might find a pistol grip shotgun easier to use than a standard stock.

                  -vick
                  High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

                  Comment


                    #12
                    Originally posted by volkosupply View Post

                    Yep, this is one place where the SAFE act actually loosened restrictions a bit....the pistol grip on a semi auto shotgun.

                    I don't know if it was a goof on the lawmaker's part, or if it was done for "handicapped" hunters who might find a pistol grip shotgun easier to use than a standard stock.

                    -vick

                    Good point . My gut tells me they goofed and missed it and arent that sympathetic to a shooter's or hunter's plight.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X