X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
    My fixed mag kit. Fill head w epoxy 😁

22A6E4BB-A4F1-4701-8E3D-7185696FD3B3.png
    Please essplain. Fix mag at ten rounds, or fix the mag into the lower?
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post

Please essplain. Fix mag at ten rounds, or fix the mag into the lower?
      To the lower, load through an open bolt.
      Just don’t drill for it where an auto sear hole would go...👍

Comment

I admit I’m not an AR guy. Is the is the OP the better kit?
        At this price point, just about every kit I've seen has mostly US made parts, at least the major ones like the upper and lower receivers, barrel, BCG, and LPK. You can just about guarantee Chinesium handguard and stock assembly (tube, buffer, spring, as well as the actual stock itself). As far as which one is better, unless they give you the brand names of the respective parts, no way to tell. Bear Creek Arsenal and Unbranded AR make a lot of the US made parts for other companies, to their customer's spec and price point.

To anybody considering one of these, keep in mind you are not getting Colt, BCM or Daniel Defense. You're not paying for those names, either. Don't expect match grade triggers or barrels. Very possible an M4 carbine length gas type barrel will be overgassed, and might need a bit of tweaking. The gas key may or may not need a bit of extra staking. From my experience, these kits (I've built a few now) have come a long way, and can be built into a fun, reliable, as-accurate-as-you-are, range toy. Will you have to replace something a bit sooner, probably, but you'll most likely have a couple of thousand rounds through it by then. You also won't worry so much if you scratch it. At least I don't.

If you want to dip you toes in the AR market to see what all the fuss is about, kits from KM Tactical, Outdoor Sports USA, and Durkin Tactical can be the way to go. Any of them I've built for myself or others are all running pretty damn good.
        Steve

Comment

My fixed mag kit. Fill head w epoxy 😁

22A6E4BB-A4F1-4701-8E3D-7185696FD3B3.png

A bit aggressive perhaps, but OK...
          Steve

Comment

I'm gonna hold you to this Steve!

Comment

Mine arrived, seems fine. I’ve built exactly one AR before so I could be missing something. Everything is clean and seems well machined, molded or made. Packed well and shipped/delivered as promised.
              I’ll dig through some lowers I’ve accumulated and hopefully get to this in the next few weeks.

Holy packing peanuts on the shipping...wow.

Comment

Damn. Same kit up to $330 now.

Leaving this thread here for the links.
                Steve

Comment

Working...
                X