Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Ladies: 5 Worst Choices in Guns for Women

Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

I agree with some of what he said, disagree with much - but I think he sounds like an (edited)...a bit of a douche.
    Last edited by Dan 0351; 11-20-2019, 08:43 PM.
    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Very impressed.... with himself.
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Wow... that poor girl he kept showing shooting.... ahe really needs an instructor's help....

Comment

The five worst choices made in this video:

1. The cover screen showing a woman's crotch surrounded by guns. (Normally that might be a turn-on, but for a video targeted (partially) for women, it's a poor choice.

2. Using air quotes while saying "husband or boyfriend".

3. Saying revolvers are "impossible to reload." Then saying later it's not a big deal.

4. Showing a woman in the range who seems the opposite of a confident, capable woman (without showing her solely to highlight the "what TO do" woman)

5. Having a patronizing manner that is completely unnecessary and off-putting

Comment

Left out THE worst choice: choosing not to learn and carry a firearm.

Comment

Does this guy think that all women are feeble and can’t rack a slide, or handle anything other than low recoil ammo, and a S&W .380 EZ? Lol

Comment

Personally, I could only make it half way through.. he just talks too much, and the hand gestures were very ditsracting.. Sometimes, less is more! My takeaway from what I did see, is that he has some vaild points, yes. BUT, at the end of the day, it all comes down to training with your firearm on a regular basis, so you can operate it correctly and with confidence. Almost every negative he mentioned for the "new shooter" can be overcome by learning proper technique, practice and training. This includes smaller guns, 45 calibers, and shotguns too!

Thanks for the post and input fellas!
                Lain

Chapter Leader of The Well Armed Woman Long Island -EST 2015
                Educate, Equip, Empower!

TWAW Shooting Team
                http://twawshootingchapters.org

on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TWAWLongIsl...02221614029645
                on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/twaw_longisland/?hl=en

NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle Instructor
                NRA Certified RSO
                Retired Lieutenant/ Paramedic FDNY
                AHA BLS/CPR/First Aid Instructor, Stop The Bleed Instructor
                Flotilla Staff Officer, USCG Aux.

Comment

I think his bigger issue is situational, being that the range he's from is in Louisiana. Having worked with several thousand recruits over four years from the five boros and surrounding counties, there IS a problem with many women's upper body strength. Many beginner women also lack grip as well as manicured fingernails not well suited to proper operation of any firearm. But I digress.

Choice could be dictated by economics, and there is an issue where they may have by whatever means "inherited" the firearm.

There is also the unmentioned choice; a Modern SPorting Rifle. Picking a Ruger Mini-14 as an example; my daughter could operate the op rod. Manual of arms is pretty simple. There is no lack of control surfaces, there is no arguement even M193 ball at household distances will ruin anyone's day given a COM hit, far more than even a .45ACP HST.

Pretty sure I could whip up a familiarization course with mebbe 16 hours counting range time

Comment

Maybe not the best place to bring this up, but if gas op semiauto rifles and shotguns were instead designed as recoil/blowback operated they would weigh twelve pounds or more with action springs requiring weightlifters to operate.

So why is there no gas op service pistol today?
                    In the past there was the hk p7 and steyer gb but both lacked refinements.

Comment

Originally posted by RetLtMedic View Post
                      Personally, I could only make it half way through.. he just talks too much, and the hand gestures were very ditsracting.. Sometimes, less is more! My takeaway from what I did see, is that he has some vaild points, yes. BUT, at the end of the day, it all comes down to training with your firearm on a regular basis, so you can operate it correctly and with confidence. Almost every negative he mentioned for the "new shooter" can be overcome by learning proper technique, practice and training. This includes smaller guns, 45 calibers, and shotguns too!

Thanks for the post and input fellas!
                      When my wife went for her first handgun, I took all my gun knowledge and added 35+ years of hubby knowledge, brought my wife to the gun store, and told the salesman my wife needs a gun. Then I went next door to look at puppies. In the end, I'm not fond of my wife's choice (I think she went cheap with my money) but it's her gun, not mine.

Comment

He did scare me when he racked the shotgun. He should have mentioned how scary that sound is and that it’ll scare away the bad guys.

Little is not better = That’s what she said! ? Way to choose phrasing in a targeted video moron.

Comment

Working...
                        X