best 9mm sub compact pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best 9mm sub compact pistols

My search is starting for a reliable easy to conceal 9mm sub compact pistol ...Have a Kahr PM9 , love it but the feed ramp angle concerns me . I polished the feed ramp, yes the spring addressed but every once and a while a Hollow point hangs up. Plus if I rack a round you have to make sure you rack real hard.
    I'd like to stay 9mm but 45 not out of the question....Always get good advice here....

I like my XDS a lot. The ramp does not like Hornady Critical defense but cycles Speer Gold Dot hollow points with ease. I haven't tried hydrashok through it yet.
    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

6 pages later you will be more confused than when you first asked...
      "The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth."

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
        6 pages later you will be more confused than when you first asked...
        I wouldn't get confused that's why I ask first here. Always get good feedback which makes it easy. Then I just need to see how it feels in my hand. It's still just a pistol

Comment

I have the PM9, love it. Sometimes you just get it right the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMongoose View Post
            Yes I like mine also but would like a second sub compact. Nothing like range time with a pistol for comparison and confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post

Yes I like mine also but would like a second sub compact. Nothing like range time with a pistol for comparison and confidence.
              Are you against Glock 43 or the Shield model line?
              NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
              NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
              Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

S&W Shield, XDS 3.5,and if you are looking to step down a caliber the glock 42 which is almost the same footprint as the 9mm.I also have the Kahr but the CM9 and believe it or not in the operating instructions they actually say "Push down on the slide stop to chamber the 1st round into the barrel.Do not chamber a round by pulling back on the slide and letting go of the slide.This may cause the slide to not go into battery". This actually was happening at the range when my wife was getting her 1st lesson and the instructor was showing her how to rack the slide and a round was jamming up.The instructor thought something was wrong with the gun and I mentioned about the slide stop.No problems after that.Hope this helps

Comment

I do like the shield ...Yes I'm aware of that in instructions and don't like that. Racking works but again tight and have to do it hard.

Comment

M&P shield 9mm, XDs. Or G26 for more capacity.
                    But the Shield & XDs will conceal a little better imo.

Comment

Colt Pocket Nine-if you can find one!
                      Post count uber alles!
                      Saying we don’t need firearms because we have the Police is like saying we don’t need fire extinguishers because we have the Fire Department.
                      Rich or poor, it's good to have money!
                      If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con', what is the opposite of 'progress'?
                      If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.
                      A nation of sheep, invites a government of wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMongoose View Post
                        This^.

I bought the PM9 when they first came out. Since then many similar guns like the Shield have come out, but I still like the PM9 much better than the newer offerings.

Here's a pic of a PM9 (above) and a Glock 42 (.380). The Glock 43 is somewhat bigger than the 42, and considerably bigger than the PM9 but with the same amount of rounds. And a Shield above a CM9(same size as a PM). Versus an XD-9. Versus the Shield.
                        Kahr PM9 vs G42.jpgkYmuW.jpg 4778080090_large.jpg
                        Last edited by Dan 0351; 01-21-2017, 10:42 AM.
                        "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Shield is your answer. I have it in .40 and I love it. It shoots everything I've ever put into it. I have never had one issue with it, ever. I'm convinced it will chamber rocks if need be.

Comment

my Shield 9mm has been 100% on a wide assortment of ammo.
                            My G43'did hang up on a hollow point once but it was dirty. You could see how the bullet was dragging on the feed ramp. Once I wiped the feed ramp down the round chambered fine.
                            I really like my Shield but actually enjoy shooting the G43 more.

Comment

Boy Shield is popular...I see it with Thumb safety and one without??? Also do they come with Night Sites?

Comment

Working...
                              X