best 9mm sub compact pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ransom View Post

Ahhh the shield have the 45 and trigger gets stuck behind the guide stop..the guard flexes at certain times under fast rapid shooting and stress and trigger goes past guard then gets stuck..I dont trust that unless the stop was larger .. if you remove stop trigger travels to far... Im not that confident read a bunch of people had the same issue..The trigger gaurd looks the same in the sub compact .. most ranges you shoot slow or get yelled out ..take that gun and blast away under stress and see what happens..
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/customer-service/warranty
    Steve

Comment

My Shield .45 had a problem. The recoil spring assembly would get caught up on the front of the frame.

S&W Shield 45.jpeg

......causing the slide to sit out of battery....
      S&W Shield 45 (2)2.jpg

....and causing damage to the guide rod.
      S&W Shield 45 (3) 2.jpg

I either sent it back or they sent me a new assembly - either way, while manipulating the slide (dry), it still happens from time to time. I haven't tried it with live-fire though.
      Last edited by Dan 0351; 11-08-2019, 09:03 AM.
      "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post

Ahhh the shield have the 45 and trigger gets stuck behind the guide stop..the guard flexes at certain times under fast rapid shooting and stress and trigger goes past guard then gets stuck..I dont trust that unless the stop was larger .. if you remove stop trigger travels to far... Im not that confident read a bunch of people had the same issue..The trigger gaurd looks the same in the sub compact .. most ranges you shoot slow or get yelled out ..take that gun and blast away under stress and see what happens..
        I've taken my Shield 9mm through 4 MDTS classes (Pistol 1-3, Low light), One of Rob's speed shooting classes (which I clocked a 0.96 draw and shoot with it), as a transition gun in Spirit One Tactical carbine course (which it was used a good amount) and taken it through at least 3 USPSA back up gun shoots.

I can't speak to the Shield 45. I know I've literally trained the shit out of my shield 9mm including fast rapid shooting.
        Last edited by mossy930spx; 11-08-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks Steve I should send it back ..My concern is ill be wasting my time due to thats the design and they wont do anything..so Ill shoot it but I would never trust it.. Not that happy with trigger safety design itself ..the stop ..the reset and trigger in general..Not wasting my time to many other pistols out there

Comment

Working...
          X