First Pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Pistol?

Just curious, in your experiences what should you look for in your first pistol? What did you get for your first? Did you regret buying what you did, I would just like to pick your brains, thanks.

First thing is to make sure it fits your hand and you feel comfortable holding it. My first pistol was a S&w 915 still have it still love it. Good luck

Comment

My first was the Beretta 92FS. No regrets and I bought a few more variations over the years. Buy what fits you hand in a common caliber to start. I'm pretty sure that between all of us we pretty much own most popular guns, so ask to try before you buy.
      Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

My first was a gen 4 G19
        NRA, NYSRPA, SAF member, Freeport R&R.

Comment

I had a chance to rent and try out a few pistols at guns for hire in jersey so when it came time to buying I knew which one fit my hands and I shot well with. I bought a glock 19 gen 4 and a sig p320 for my first.

Comment

Originally posted by paté View Post
            My first was the Beretta 92FS. No regrets and I bought a few more variations over the years. Buy what fits you hand in a common caliber to start. I'm pretty sure that between all of us we pretty much own most popular guns, so ask to try before you buy
            Same here. But man are the sights getting smaller as I get older.
            NRA MEMBER-NRA RSO-NYSRPA
            FREEPORT R&R
            NY CCW - FLORIDA CCW - UTAH CCW - PA CCW
            APPLESEED RIFLEMAN
            2015 PISTOL CHAMPION FROM THAT OTHER L.I. GUN FORUM

Comment

Definitely buy what feels good in your hand. Try to shoot a few before you buy (if possible). Don't get caught up in branding. There are many manufacturers and they all get the job done effectively.
              Oh, and just make sure you don't buy a Glock.

Comment

You have the chance today to say that your first pistol is Zimmerman's defensive weapon.

...popcorn...

Comment

Go to a range rent a few.

Comment

My first handgun was a Russian Makarov. I must have each and every Russian gun in existence, but this is just o mage to my childhood dreams. Before choosing try to handle the gun you are thinking to get. But think this way- what ever you do, don't touch Glock or your balls will fell off. Ask Malaka, he is smooth as a Ken doll.

Comment

My first was a Beretta 84F. I bought it about 25 years ago because I respected the Beretta name and the pistols manual of arms. I seldom use it anymore and it still looks great and it's a good shooter. Never had a Malfunction with it. It fires the cheapest ammo to the hottest Cor-Bon without hiccups. My advise, do your research and don't be in a hurry and buy a good brand. A firearm will last a lifetime if taken care of properly and be handed down to the next Generation.
                      Buy once....
                      "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

I would suggest a revolver ,just to get the basics down safely. Semi autos can be dangerous. I would also suggest a small caliber like a .22 it will help you by ,letting you shoot with out anticipating a recoil, or flinching. Both SW and Ruger make great.22 revolvers.

Comment

this was my first pistol. Ruger Standard i bought used at campsite. I am happy with it. Just like everyone should have a 22 rifle, everyone should have a 22 pistol.

shoots great, comfortable to hold. great to learn on. 22 is a good starting round to learn with. since a 22 is not a great carry self defense gun, best to get a target 22 pistol

Comment

WW2 issue Colt 1911A1. I had just gotten my license and my go to dealer knew it.
                            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

My first was a Springfield Armories 1911 Government.

Comment

Working...
                              X