Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slippery Glock

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Slippery Glock

    First of all, for all you sick bastards (like me), I said GLock .....

    Now, I did the unthinkable a couple weeks ago and pick up a Glock 23 from LI Ammo because I wanted a .40 and I want to see what all the Glock fuss was about. Plus I thought it was neat I can get different barrels and shoot other calibers with it if need be. It shoots fine, the only issue I had was that after a couple mags, it was harder to hold on to then a oiled up goat, if you know what I mean. Now I see what all the stuff about adding grip tape to a gun is about. I have never had to deal with this (you know, Sig's and CZ's are perfect as is, lol) so any types/brands better then others? I was thinking the one from Amazon lined below. Rubberized I would think would be sticker then the non-rubberized version. Yea, nay?

    On a side note, I also picked up an XD Mod.2 in .45 which is a great little (3.3") gun. Shocked I liked it as much as I did. I put 200 rounds through it today with no issues... while I struggled to get through a box of ammo for the glock.

    Thanks in advance!
    Amazon.com : TALON Grips 111R for Glock 19/23/25/32/38 (Gen4), Black Rubber, Medium Backstrap : Sports & Outdoors
    Brandon

    NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

    #2
    I have the talon grip tape on both my xd and shield. If you are not going to carry the glock get the sand one. If you are going to carry get the rubber one. I have the rubber on both but am going to switch the xd to the sand. It makes a world of difference. Also see how much it it to order directly from them. It some of the best money you can spend.
    III%

    Comment


      #3
      I just cut panels from skate board deck tape. Cheap and easy.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by xcentrk View Post
        First of all, for all you sick bastards (like me), I said GLock .....

        Now, I did the unthinkable a couple weeks ago and pick up a Glock 23 from LI Ammo because I wanted a .40 and I want to see what all the Glock fuss was about. Plus I thought it was neat I can get different barrels and shoot other calibers with it if need be. It shoots fine, the only issue I had was that after a couple mags, it was harder to hold on to then a oiled up goat, if you know what I mean. Now I see what all the stuff about adding grip tape to a gun is about. I have never had to deal with this (you know, Sig's and CZ's are perfect as is, lol) so any types/brands better then others? I was thinking the one from Amazon lined below. Rubberized I would think would be sticker then the non-rubberized version. Yea, nay?

        On a side note, I also picked up an XD Mod.2 in .45 which is a great little (3.3") gun. Shocked I liked it as much as I did. I put 200 rounds through it today with no issues... while I struggled to get through a box of ammo for the glock.

        Thanks in advance!
        Check out the Hogue G10 series. The Piranha's are awesome. There are a few types in the series, but the Piranha's are like sandpaper, but rougher!
        NRA Benefactor Life
        NRA Instructor & RSO
        NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

        Comment


          #5
          Just man up and hold on tighter!!

          Comment


            #6
            Look into the pachmyr grip sleeves. I have one on each of my Jericho 941s, they give a good solid grip, are only a few bucks, and can readily be removed or put back on as needed.

            Comment


              #7
              Never had issues with my 22 and even 27 glocks. :P
              Maybe you're over oiling it. Shouldn't be slippery.
              I second the skateboard grip tape if it's still an issue.

              Are you shooting the BUG match Sunday?
              If so, see ya there.
              If not, DO IT!

              Comment


                #8
                Thanks everyone. Will try some some of the suggestions.

                Originally posted by O1SalsaX View Post
                Never had issues with my 22 and even 27 glocks. :P
                Maybe you're over oiling it. Shouldn't be slippery.
                I second the skateboard grip tape if it's still an issue.

                Are you shooting the BUG match Sunday?
                If so, see ya there.
                If not, DO IT!
                I did just clean it this morning, but it was after a few mags when my hands became a sweaty mess that I had issues. It was fine for the first half of the box. I was at Medford, and it was pretty hot in there today... but my hands sweat in the snow so it's just me. Even normally, I shoot much better with gloves on.

                No match for me this weekend Ken, I'll be upstate this weekend (enjoying from backyard shooting).
                Brandon

                NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

                Comment


                • O1SalsaX
                  O1SalsaX commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ahh gotcha.
                  Either grip tape or a bicycle inner tube cut or a hogue slip on rubber grip will work for you.

                  And enjoy your upstate range time, ya bastard. Haha
                  We have to hook up soon for some range time.
                  And BTW next time you're by Karp, give me a text (assuming it's on a weekend)
                  We'll grab a pint at The Lark.

                • xcentrk
                  xcentrk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Will do. Not much better then a backyard range!

                  I am sure I'll be at Karps many times. I'll try to hit them on a weekend.. I have 2 more guns on order from them so will be back when they come in... and maybe sooner if he keeps posting goodies. Will text you when I am.

                • Joshatkarps
                  Joshatkarps commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Who said beer at the Lark? I'm in!

                #9
                If sweat is an issue, use Liquid Grip, works great.
                http://benstoegerproshop.com/liquid-...abiner-bottle/

                Can be found in golf section of stores also.

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by SlowTime View Post
                  If sweat is an issue, use Liquid Grip, works great.
                  http://benstoegerproshop.com/liquid-...abiner-bottle/

                  Can be found in golf section of stores also.
                  Thanks. Yeah, that is the main issue. I am usually good for a while with the rubber grips on my CZ's, but the hard plastic on the glock was just too slick. Will give this a go as well.
                  Brandon

                  NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Picked up a small bottle of the Liquid Grip to try it and also got the Talon Grips from their sale they had a couple days ago. I have yet to put the grips on, but man, that Liquid Grip stuff is amazing. I have not used it at the range, but just testing it out at work, I can't see it not helping.

                    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Look forward to hitting the range in a few days to try the G23 out again.
                    Brandon

                    NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

                    Comment


                      #12
                      Originally posted by SlowTime View Post
                      I just cut panels from skate board deck tape. Cheap and easy.
                      Yeah, that's what I did - love it. One sheet cost me $7 and I can do 4-5 guns with it.

                      "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

                      Comment


                        #13
                        Where is a local place for skateboard tape? Or you guys buy online?

                        Comment


                          #14
                          Originally posted by Scharfschütze View Post
                          Where is a local place for skateboard tape? Or you guys buy online?
                          Brands bike shop in Wantagh corner of Sunrise Highway & Wantagh Ave
                          stay alive, carry a 45

                          Comment


                            #15
                            Originally posted by Scharfschütze View Post
                            Where is a local place for skateboard tape? Or you guys buy online?
                            Helisport and there's another skate shop in the village
                            The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X