Best 1911 eight round magazines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 1911 eight round magazines

What do you guys use and really like? Wilson seems to be tops in most eyes but any other brands that match up well?

Wilsons, chip McCormick and Tripp research cobra mags

Comment

I've been using a bunch of Mec-Gar for the last 20 years. No complaints what-so-ever. That's pretty much all I buy and I'm a 1911 guy.

https://mec-gar.com/

Comment

Chip McCormack power +
        Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~ Plato

Comment

Chip McCormick mags work for me.
          Don't know how they stack up to Wilsons.
          They never gave me a reason to try anything else.

Comment

I've used mags from dan Wesson and had solid results.

I got chip McCormick 10 rounders that are good too

my 9mm Wilson has run like a beast with factory mags

wait for Black Friday deals and buy

Comment

Check prices against Wilson and McCormick. Buy a Mec-Gar, just one, and give it a good run. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Comment

McCormicks and Wilsons in .45, and Mec-Gars in 9mm and .45 have all worked flawlessly for me.
                Steve

Comment

Yeah, what he said.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Little surprised nobody mentioned LI made checkmate mags. They produce arguably the best M14 magazines and also make 1911 ones. I would assume they're very good also. Anyone have experience with them? I'd like to give some business to a local also, since I can't buy their M14 20 rounders. FUAC

Comment

Chip McCormick has worked well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by C6NY View Post
                          Little surprised nobody mentioned LI made checkmate mags. They produce arguably the best M14 magazines and also make 1911 ones. I would assume they're very good also. Anyone have experience with them? I'd like to give some business to a local also, since I can't buy their M14 20 rounders. FUAC
                          I have been using the Checkmates with the hybrid feed lips for 5 years with zero issues. Great mags and a local business. I had one Wilson 47d self disassemble on me at a match once. Dropped the mag during a reload and the follower shot out the top of the mag. I tossed it and never looked back.

Comment

Chip McCormick Power Mags 8 round
                            Springfield next in 7 rounds

Comment

ChipMc's gave me a couple problems when they got a little dirty (dropping them at LIPSA). The design also makes them harder to clean.
                              I gave up on them and sold them cheap, bought Metalforms. And bought more and more and more and more.

I have a pair of Wilsons, but can't comment on how they work dirty. But they do have a similar base as the Chips which isn't great for a mag that will get dirty.

I had two Checkmate 10mm mags. They seemed to work okay for what I did with them (simple target shooting), though towards the end (before I sold the gun) one of them was going me issues with the last round in the mag.
                              Last edited by cas; 09-14-2017, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X