X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historic M1911 pistol from the US Army stockpile

I'm so confused...
    so who what where and how do you get one?
    sounds like it's buying a house with loans lawyers and banks. You need this and that???
    I'm a member of a gun club does that help?

Are you talking about the CMP released pistols??

Comment

Yes

Comment

Go to the cmp website and it explains everything.
        Basically they are receiving 100,000 pre 1945 1911 pistols and they have to grade them and sell them in 10,000 lots. Don’t expect much more than a shooter and prices haven’t been set. It’s a lottery of the 10,000. So once they open the system you can send in the forms and after 10,000 are received a random number generator will pick where you fall in the queue

Comment

Thanks just found it..

Comment

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post
            Go to the cmp website and it explains everything.
            Basically they are receiving 100,000 pre 1945 1911 pistols and they have to grade them and sell them in 10,000 lots. Don’t expect much more than a shooter and prices haven’t been set. It’s a lottery of the 10,000. So once they open the system you can send in the forms and after 10,000 are received a random number generator will pick where you fall in the queue
            Is there an expected price range for these pistols?
            Like, are we talking cheap?
            Vaminos is all you need to say, we're gonna move eventually
            Pull the suckers off of one row, then turn around and do it again -
            WNM

Comment

Originally posted by viper720 View Post

Is there an expected price range for these pistols?
              Like, are we talking cheap?
              From what I have read, no. They are not going to sell them cheap, $1000 was thrown around for a basic pistol which is not cheap for a rearsenal 1911 with a mix of parts and refinished, imo. Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post

From what I have read, no. They are not going to sell them cheap, $1000 was thrown around for a basic pistol which is not cheap for a rearsenal 1911 with a mix of parts and refinished, imo. Only time will tell.
                Maybe not cheap......but that being said every employee of Volko with a pistol license is entering the lottery.

For all those that secure one of these pistols (or others who have stock GI guns) I vote we all shoot a match with them. Stock GI class.
                High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post

Maybe not cheap......but that being said every employee of Volko with a pistol license is entering the lottery.

For all those that secure one of these pistols (or others who have stock GI guns) I vote we all shoot a match with them. Stock GI class.
                  Well,now you are talking. I’ll stop in and if you can guide me through the paperwork I’m in for thst

Comment

https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...-1911-s-update
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X