No announcement yet.

Colt 1903 Pocket Hammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The finish is beautiful. Nicely done...again.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
      The finish is beautiful. Nicely done...again.
      Colt stopped using the high gloss blue in 1914 as it was fragile and didn’t hold up. All their early pistols came in this finish. This one is just exceptional and like a black chrome mirror. Really cool

Comment

That's it, I've had enough. You're on my ignore list.
        "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

He does it again.

Comment

Just stunning. Leaves room for all of us amateurs to aspire to.
            NRA Patron Life Member
            Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
            NRA RSO

Comment

Holy crap, this is one of the nicest pieces you've shown us... beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                Holy crap, this is one of the nicest pieces you've shown us... beautiful!
                I couldn’t believe it when I got it either. Previous owner got it covered in cosmoline. That’s why the high gloss blue is near perfect and the fire blue so vibrant

Comment

Stunning. Amazing find.

Comment

Beautiful! Where do you find these beauties?!

Comment

Originally posted by Turfman81 View Post
                      Beautiful! Where do you find these beauties?!
                      This one came from a guy in Pa. once you are known as a “buyer” and you make some contacts, they kind of flow your way. Of course I do buy a lot of what’s offered to me.

I have a line on 3 WW2 1911’s. I only want one. I’ll post the other 2 if anyone wants them. They are both late war type 3 Remington Rands, one is 99% the other 95-97%. These aren’t super rare but also won’t break the bank.

Comment

If there was ever one of your pistols that should make you learn how to do high end photgraphy.....this is it.

Also talk about the simplistic industrial artwork this piece is. Look at the bobtail and the lines of this gun. It really is a piece of art.
                        High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                          If there was ever one of your pistols that should make you learn how to do high end photgraphy.....this is it.

Also talk about the simplistic industrial artwork this piece is. Look at the bobtail and the lines of this gun. It really is a piece of art.
                          And all hand fitted. Shame if it is with the govt agencies, osha, epa, dec, etc, I don’t think this finish can ever be duplicated.

Comment

And yet another outstanding example of a piece of history. In 100% agreement with Volko...this pistol deserves better photography. Thanks for posting...again.

Comment

If anyone is a photo bug and wants to take a shot at really trying to get good shots, lmk. It’s very difficult to capture the mirror like finish

Comment

Working...
                              X