Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colt Model 1902 Military

Again, out of respect for Dan and Destro

This is an early Model 1902 military colt in 38 acp. This is the second generation of colt pistol adopted by the military, This is a 1904 pistol with the high gloss blue and fire blue parts.
    The model 1902 military was a continuation of the model 1900 and fired the same cartridge. There was a 1902 sporting model and the military has the lanyard loop and carries an extra round, total 8, in the magazine and has a slide stop. The early models were for US trials from SN 15001-15200. Then the SN went from 15000 and descending to 11000 before jumping to 15201 and ascending.
    These early guns with the “nail file” front slide serrations are sought after and the sporting models are more rare.

Enjoy

Attached Files

Very pretty!

Comment

It’s a shame Colt can’t or won’t replicate this finish from their custom shop on a small batch basis. I know the finish isn’t durable but it’s insanely nice.

at least do limited runs of pistols with fireblue parts. They would sell like crazy

Comment

Another beautiful piece.

Those front serrations are awesome - it took 100 years for that idea to catch on, lol.
        No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
          Another beautiful piece.

Those front serrations are awesome - it took 100 years for that idea to catch on, lol.
          Funny how designs come around full circle. So the first 200 pistols to the Us Army were serrated in this fashion. Apparently they didn’t like them because they were dropped from subsequent orders and therefore dropped all together from that model. I don’t know the exact Sn that they dropped this and went to rear plunge milled serrations, but I don’t think anything much after 1904/early 05 they had them like this. That’s why they are difficult to find

Plus hand cut checkering is cool

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Photos don't do this justice.

And for sure I would buy a fire blue something. You should market for Turnbull and start a trend.
              High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

How'd it end up in your possession?

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                  Photos don't do this justice.

And for sure I would buy a fire blue something. You should market for Turnbull and start a trend.
                  Very difficult to photograph the high gloss and fire blue andget it to “pop”.

Why not colt do it?? Even a nice grey cerakote with the parts fire blue would be sick. And special order it? I would buy one or 10

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
                    How'd it end up in your possession?
                    Once you kind of get out into the buyer space of these early colts you develop a network. This came from a guy in western Pa and he has sold me quite a few early high gloss pieces. I bought an early magazine from him and now have about 5-6 of his guns. Along with a nice origonal 43 Garand

Comment

Strikingly beautiful piece. Love the stylistic work on the scales.

Big fan of art deco (tried to incorporate a lot of those elements when I built my home theater). I know you also collect German WWII milsurp, any other guns remind you of that aesthetic?

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post

Big fan of art deco (tried to incorporate a lot of those elements when I built my home theater). I know you also collect German WWII milsurp, any other guns remind you of that aesthetic?
                        Do you mean the checkering??

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post

Or the fire blue parts?

Comment

Working...
                          X