Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CZ 75 SP-01 .... new gun... review, sort of.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice review. I pretty much agree with your points from what I’ve shot of mine. I picked one up last year to shoot matches, and we’ll, yeah, the 3rd kid was a bad idea.
    My biggest gripe with the gun is the trigger ....the reset is really really really long IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Justice View Post
      Have read your review on the CZ 75 SP ..
      would you recommend this for a first time
      buyer. Or would it be "to much" gun....I was impressed with your overview and seems like a quality product. .
      I don't think it's "too much gun" at all. In fact, I'd say the opposite. It's the softest shooting 9mm I own (and I have quite a few) and for a beginner getting use to recoil, I think that's a big plus. Yes, it's heavy and large, but whether that suits you is more a function of your hand size and comfort with holding it; I have small hands and it is very comfortable for me. Lighter, polymer pistols will be "snappier". The closest to this gun in terms of recoil would be my Springfield Range Officer 9mm, that thing shoots very softly as well. My first handgun was a Beretta 92FS which is also a full-size all metal gun, is/was my favorite pistol (might have been usurped by this one) and was great to learn on. As a first-time buyer, the best advice I could give you is go to a store and fondle a whole bunch of guns (including this one) and then try to get to one of the LIGC meetups and let everyone know what you're interested in and chances are you'll get to shoot a bunch of guns. But to answer your question directly, it is an EXCELLENT gun and one I would highly recommend. I just put another 500 rounds through it this afternoon. I really like it. And for the record, I too am a CZ whore.

Comment

Originally posted by xcentrk View Post

I like them a lot. I have them on 5-6 guns now. They seems as bright/brighter then they SigLite sights that were on my P226 MK25. They do sit higher then stock if that is a concern. I attached a couple daytime pics for now.
        I'm undecided between the TFX and TFX Pro. I like some of the features of the TFX Pro (U Notch rear sight, enclosed FO tubes), but I like the white ring on the front sight of the TFX's better. Decisions....

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

I'm undecided between the TFX and TFX Pro. I like some of the features of the TFX Pro (U Notch rear sight, enclosed FO tubes), but I like the white ring on the front sight of the TFX's better. Decisions....
          I like orange, so it was an easier choice for me.

I have all my old sights in boxes so here are two pics from just now. Not sure if they will be of any help since I could not get anything good with my phone, but a low light photo (with just my bedside lamp on) and a no light photo for brightness comparison. Sig Night Sites on top, Original Tru Dot CZ night sights in the middle and the TFX Pro's on the bottom on both pics.

Last edited by xcentrk; 09-13-2018, 10:09 PM.
          Brandon

NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Justice View Post
            Have read your review on the CZ 75 SP ..
            would you recommend this for a first time
            buyer. Or would it be "to much" gun....I was impressed with your overview and seems like a quality product. .
            I have one. I’d recommend it. It’s a great gun. The mistake I made at first (and I was told many people do this) is that I acquired several guns rather quickly and went from trigger to trigger. That made it harder for me to shoot any one gun really really well. If you go with the 75 enjoy it, learn it and after you get bored with it then try something else - but don’t rush to that point.
            NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
            NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
            Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Originally posted by xcentrk View Post

To jump in here, this was my second pistol when I first got my license. I have a 'few' more guns now and it is still my go to for classes and is my bedside gun. It is on the heavy side, but that helps minimize the felt recoil which makes it even more enjoyable to shoot for a beginner. The only complaint I have seen was that the slide is more difficult to manipulate then some others as it sits low (also helps with recoil management) so less to get a hold of. If you have a decent grip strength, that really a non-issue though.

Full disclosure.. I am a CZ whore, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, lol.
              Put in a lighter recoil spring and get the benefit of the slide being easier to manipulate, as well as having the gun track flatter . I rack all of my guns from in front of the ejection port now since I learned it from Frank Proctor (look it up if you're unsure, or just ask me ) , and it has become my preferred method. The shadow and 75 series lend well to this technique too IMO, especially with the front serrations.
              -Rob
              NRA CRSO
              NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
              NRA Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

Affiliated with:
              MDTS training
              www.MDTStraining.com
              &
              Fortress Consulting Group LLC.
              www.fortressedge.net

https://www.instagram.com/robepifania/

Comment

Originally posted by SHOmestyle View Post

Put in a lighter recoil spring and get the benefit of the slide being easier to manipulate, as well as having the gun track flatter . I rack all of my guns from in front of the ejection port now since I learned it from Frank Proctor (look it up if you're unsure, or just ask me ) , and it has become my preferred method. The shadow and 75 series lend well to this technique too IMO, especially with the front serrations.
                Yup... I am also changing the guide rod to stainless steel and ordered a lighter recoil spring to go with it. The OEM guide rod is polymer and barely thicker than a toothpick. While, I haven't heard of any functional problems with it, I'm almost certain I'll wind up snapping it in half when taking it down or putting back together.

Comment

Working...
                X