Glock 23 conversion to 9mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock 23 conversion to 9mm

I'm having a brain fart, can someone refresh my memory...is it a simple as a G19 barrel and trigger housing, or do I need tech slide/other parts?

You need a conversion barrel... The hole in the front of the slide is larger on the 23 to accommodate the larger diameter barrel of the 40sw.

The conversation barrel has the larger diameter.

Use 9mm mags which I know you have. Some will say you need the 9mm extractor and ejector but I never had a problem.

Comment

he you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlGWUm9V7mo
      stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Simple barrel swap. I used a KKM barrel but these would work also.
        https://www.glockstore.com/Bar-Sto-C...21&custcol19=1

I use 9mm magazines but have been meaning to try 40 magazines with 9mm. The reason i'm saying that is I bought a 40 S&W HK VP40 magazines by accident. Was using it in my VP9 for months before I noticed.

I did not have to do any other changes to the extractor or ejector.

Comment

Have run conversion barrels in multiple G22's and a G23. All have run well with nothing more than a barrel swap and 9mm mags. The .40 recoil spring might be a bit tight, especially if new, but cheap and easy to swap. I even went so far as to buy 9mm ejectors (trigger housings), extractors, spring loaded bearings, and recoil spring assemblies, and never put them in. They run well, but not perfect with all the .40 parts, except mags. I did try .40 mags with 9mm ammo (think about it: .40 is short 10mm, only a 1mm difference) but did have feed issues. It's OK for range use, but not reliable enough to carry.
          Steve

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. It's a gen2 gun, may offer up to trade for a G19 instead of buying a barrel. Otherwise, I have a trigger housing and plenty of 9mm mags.

Comment

Working...
            X