Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the first pistols I learned on.....thirty - nine years ago!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the first pistols I learned on.....thirty - nine years ago!

Among the pieces that I inherited on dad's passing is this Colt Combat Commander that he purchased in 1976 from a fellow state trooper. Manufactured in 1974 (I think) it started life as a blue steel model. In 1978 dad sent it off to Texas and had a hard chrome finish applied which still looks great after Forty-one years. I started shooting in 1980 (I was twelve) and this was one of the first handguns dad started me out on. I have very fond memories associated with this Commander. Dad was a serious trader and only held onto a few of his pieces over the course of his lifetime. I'm fairly certain he held onto the Commander because he knew of my nostalgia for the pistol. It's a keeper and will eventually go to one of my kids. Sorry about the photos. I had to use my wife's old camera.

Originally posted by Checkman View Post
    Among the pieces that I inherited on dad's passing is this Colt Combat Commander that he purchased in 1976 from a fellow state trooper. Manufactured in 1974 (I think) it started life as a blue steel model. In 1978 dad sent it off to Texas and had a hard chrome finish applied which still looks great after Forty-one years. I started shooting in 1980 (I was twelve) and this was one of the first handguns dad started me out on. I have very fond memories associated with this Commander. Dad was a serious trader and only held onto a few of his pieces over the course of his lifetime. I'm fairly certain he held onto the Commander because he knew of my nostalgia for the pistol. It's a keeper and will eventually go to one of my kids. Sorry about the photos. I had to use my wife's old camera.

Nothing like a Colt 1911. Nothing

Comment

Working...
    X