Sig p320 or Glock 19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sig p320 or Glock 19?

I don't have a permit, its in progress, so I'm digging around.....

I've been watching Hickok45 talk about the p320 9mm on youtube. Apparently its sigs first(?) striker fire handgun. He was making some basic comparisons to the G19 and essentially said he loved the p320, lower bore axis than the regular sigs, which he liked. I'm sure I'd know how to judge that yet. I hear nothing but good things about Sig products on various podcasts.

For all you p320 and G19 owners, if you had to pic one as a range gun - what would it be and why?

Both are maybe a little too large for a mid-sized guy to concealed carry, maybe?

Build quality on the Sig generally considered higher? Easier in the hand?

and in general. is Glock a better company than Sig? or the other way around? Reliability issues? Mechanical gotchas? Any after market return issues?

Learning towards Sig but I'd welcome feedback,
    NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

You have to get them both in your hand. Unfortunately you can't get them in your hand until you have your license. Get what fits you. Just make sure it's the Sig.

Comment

Both... While you can!

Comment

Handle them both, then decide for yourself. You will get a dozen opinions and they will be all over the place.
        Definitely talk with others and get opinions but the gun in your hand should be a big factor.
        Me, I'm not a big Glock fan, I love me a Sig. Others will say differently.

The best answer I can give you, get both. Eventually you probably will anyway.

Comment

Sig 938 for CCW (with the extended mag). Range gun? Whatever you like. If you want a nice accurate 9mm to make holes in paper, I'd check out the CZ75, Beretta 92FS (M9) and a variety of Sigs. I've got a G19 and it's…..okay. Simple, reliable and with all the personality of a Bic pen.
          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

G19 was my first and to quote a very famous member from another site u should have bought a glock.
            I really like my g19 but sig is a great gun as well. I don't think you can go wrong buy the one that feels better and point nicer when holding it. And you will probably wind up buying both. I don't even know how many 9mm I have
            let's make america great again

Comment

I'm a Glockaholic. Having said that, everyone should own a g19/23. I bought a sig p320 compact in 40s&w. In the store, trigger felt amazing. At the range, fucking trigger killed my finger. Installed the apex flat trigger, helped some but painful pistol to shoot. Sold that pig.

in all seriousness, get a glock 19 as a first. There will be others but the glock should be your first

Comment

As everyone already said, it's really personal preference. I had the same debate when I was buying my first. I handled both and opted for the Glock 19.

Comment

I have a G19 and love it... probably the most versatile Glock (full grip, but still easy to carry IWB) and the one to own if you could only have/want one Glock (unless you have meat hooks for hands). I am a little intrigued by the P320 too, especially with the modularity (frame & caliber swaps) of the design... definitely personal preference.
                  Last edited by John060404; 07-06-2016, 09:17 PM.

Comment

About the 320...

look ok into the modularity prior to buying. Almost as expensive as a new pistol and hard to come by.

Comment

The 320 is a modular gun. You can buy it in Full-size, Mid-size, Compact, etc. you can even buy caliber exchange kits. The part with the serial number can interchange with other kits, so you could conceivably by a compact 9mm, but then buy a Full-size 45 kit, and voila, you have a large frame .45! The only problem is the legality of having a 9mm on your license/permit and wait, it is a .40 S&W or a .380 ACP, etc. It is the second modular striker by Sig. The 250 came first. I had one (a 250, before the 320 was released) in my hand at Coliseum, but two things stopped me. I really was thrilled with the whole exchangeability of calibers and frames (grip size too) but I did not think it worth it considering NYS and the possibility of running afoul. Of course I could have purchased it just in one caliber, and nobody would care if you changed the sizes, but the calibers? Iffy. The second reason was conflicting reviews of the trigger which ranged from the best ever to gritty, etc. The 320 has ironed out any kinks (I believe there was even a problem with the first run of 250's, and it was re-released) and now the 320 is getting raves. The versatility is amazing, and the trigger is all well received. Once you get your permit, find a LGS that can let you see it in the various sizes. One warning, the kits are not cheap, but nothing with Sig is cheap, price wise, but on the bright side, quality wise either.
                      NRA Benefactor Life
                      NRA Instructor & RSO
                      NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

I've owned/own a handful of Glocks and bunch of Sigs. I have never shot the plastic/striker Sigs, but I didn't want to put the .45 P320 down at an expo in PA. The trigger was FANTASTIC. The other calibers were good, but the .45 was awesome. I've been looking for months, but no one has the newer 320's in .45. The local PD's can't even get them to test and evaluate.

Anyway, Sigs have always felt better in my hand, and with that trigger, that's my choice. I like my G19, but.....it's a G19. Great first gun. Like others have said, get them both in your hands and make your decision. Grip angles, grip contour/shape, bore axis, trigger pull - all things to consider.
                        “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
                        Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post
                          About the 320...

look ok into the modularity prior to buying. Almost as expensive as a new pistol and hard to come by.
                          You beat me to it by a minute! There are dealers that have the kits online, but they are always backordered. I have to find the name of a great dealer out west that will kill himself to get you one, or at least honor putting you on a list. No FFL needed for any of the kits. When I considered the 250, the kits were easy to get, but as I posted above, I backed out.
                          Last edited by MSA77; 07-06-2016, 09:36 PM.
                          NRA Benefactor Life
                          NRA Instructor & RSO
                          NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                            I've owned/own a handful of Glocks and bunch of Sigs. I have never shot the plastic/striker Sigs, but I didn't want to put the .45 P320 down at an expo in PA. The trigger was FANTASTIC. The other calibers were good, but the .45 was awesome. I've been looking for months, but no one has the newer 320's in .45. The local PD's can't even get them to test and evaluate.

Anyway, Sigs have always felt better in my hand, and with that trigger, that's my choice. I like my G19, but.....it's a G19. Great first gun. Like others have said, get them both in your hands and make your decision. Grip angles, grip contour/shape, bore axis, trigger pull - all things to consider.
                            The 250 I passed on at Coliseum was a compact .45, and I had the Full size frame in stock (at a dealer, I think in Missouri), and ready to order. It just really bugged me to have the ability to have one gun able to be swapped from into at least twelve different versions, but only in free America. The 250's were received a little skeptically early on, but it least I am not kicking myself that I bought a 250 now that the 320's are perfected 250's.
                            NRA Benefactor Life
                            NRA Instructor & RSO
                            NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post
                              About the 320...

The conversion kits are available from Midway and ,very true, almost as much a new gun! I guess for an LE agency, pricing for conversion kits would probably be much cheaper due to bulk buys than a complete gun than on the commercial market with one or two buys per person...except Pate of course!

Comment

Working...
                              X