• Show
Clear All

First Look: Ruger PC Charger Pistol

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...harger-pistol/

First Look: Ruger PC Charger Pistol

by SI Staff - Monday, March 16, 2020

More

SUBSCRIBE

Building off the popular PC Carbine Chassis model, Ruger recently introduced the new PC Charger Pistol chambered in 9 mm.

Loaded with features, the PC Charger Pistol comes with an integrated rear Picatinny rail for adding a brace, while a Picatinny top rail makes for easy optics mounting. In addition, the pistol features a 6.5-inch barrel with glass-filled polymer chassis system and flared mag well, as well as an ergonomic pistol grip with extended trigger reach.

The new PC Charger Pistol utilizes several key features from the Carbine Chassis, including an interchangeable magazine well system for acceptance of Security-9, SR9, and Glock double-stack magazines. Additionally, the PC Charger utilizes a dead blow action with short bolt travel to reduce felt recoil and muzzle rise, while a reversible mag release and charging handle allow for ambidextrous use.

The chassis system is a glass-filled polymer design that accommodates standard AR pistol grips. The hardcoat anodized aluminum handguard comes with M-Lok attachment points at the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions. The pistol also comes with a factory-installed handstop at the 6 o'clock position.

Conveniently, the PC Charger ships with the SR Series/Security-9 mag well installed, while the Glock mag well is included but not installed. The pistol is available with a 17- or 10-round magazine depending on state requirements.

Ruger PC Charger Pistol Specifications:
    • Handguard: M-Lok
    • Capacity: 10 rds.
    • Weight: 5.2 lbs.
    • Barrel Length: 6.5"
    • Overall Length: 16.5"
    • Stock Option: Takedown
    • Sights: None
    • Grip: A2-style
    • Barrel Features: Threaded; 1/2"-28
    • Barrel Material: Alloy Steel; Blued
    • Grooves: 6
    • Receiver: Aluminum Alloy; Type III hardcoat anodized
    • Twist: 1:10" RH

The PC Charger comes with an MSRP of $799. For more information on the PC Charger, check out Ruger.com.
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
    Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
    Finicky Fat Guy

Got a holster for that?
    Steve

Comment

Not doing anything for me. I do love that Ruger is so good about making their guns mag compatible from other platforms.

Comment

It’s kind of bad ass.

Comment

It looks like a nice option for the PCC world.
          Competition to the 9mm AR and the CZ scorpion.

Comment

Too bad you have to live outside of new york to own one, weight, threaded barrel etc.
            stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

I

Comment

Drool...

Comment

I like it!!!

Comment

The A team is for sure going to get them.

Comment

It doesn't really appeal to me. If it were a full auto, well, then maybe. Of course that would have to be in a better place than NY.
                      "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                      Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                      Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Maybe it's me..besides that it is a no go in NY, what is the purpose. Seems like for most folks it will be an impulsive buy and after the original wave of excitement will wind up being a rarely used range toy. (but wait...doesn't that describe most buys??)
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

what's with the big ass barrel shroud?

Comment

With a brace that will be a sweet backpack pistol.

Comment

Reminds me of a Star Wars blaster. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X